IPC49225 Possible Solution for loss of track.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am talking about moving the field of view such that the pole isn't even in the field of view (granted that might then not be the field of view you want as your front yard probably isn't in the picture then. If the clip you are referencing is from Post 1 above, that hasn't locked on to the car at that point.

I have one camera that will show no SD card as well. Pull the power to the PTZ for a few minutes and then plug back in. Then the card should show and then do a reformat.

You could also limit the movement of the PTZ to the left to stop that initial pan. Unfortunately when you do that, you cannot manually go left past that point.
Wishful thinking about unplugging the PTZ for a few minutes. No deal, climbing up tomorrow. FML

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the ptz. I dont know how the ptz handles the mask once it starts moving. You obviously dont want a random missing vertical line in your footage.
Privacy mask didn't resolve it but thank you, at least we tried.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, time to paint the pole to match the roadway.
Sounds like a solid plan to me!! Maybe get some clear coat and the camera will see right through it!

I’m following as I have a lamp post as well that sometimes ends the track. Just haven’t taken the time to play with settings or FOV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I submitted to moving the tripwire to the right of the stupid pole to eliminate the problem of the tracking stopping at the pole. Of course this eliminates the problem with cars tracked from that direction, (left to right) however it seemed to also almost eliminate the same problem with cars being tracked from the right side of the FOV that are being tracked past the same pole. Overall success rate is at 72% (39/54) but this also includes the same track past the tree which is not easy since it takes up so much of the frame. It is probably as good as it can get. I was concerned that moving the tripwire closer to the center would cause the PTZ to have insufficient time to detect, move and track since some of the cars are moving very fast but it has done pretty well with it, even with other vehicles being parked on the street that block part of the tracked cars. It just takes tons of trial and error to dial in even though I wouldn't call mine dialed in. At least now, my GF doesn't have to hear me exclaiming "That F****g Pole!).

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you got it working.

Now if some drunk would take that pole out for you LOL and then ask for the replacement to be matte grey so it blends in with the street LOL.