ipcam for NSN-608(4K)-8P

seabot

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a NSN-608(4K)-8P and I had two ipcams Dahua DH-IPC-HFW1320SN 3mp and a sv3c SV-BO1poe-5mpl-t . Neither one would show a picture on this nvr. The only ipcams in the manuals compatibility list were over 600 dollars or only listed in china in Chinese. I would like to find some reasonable price outdoor cams with different focuses. And maybe one that works.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @seabot,

The Dahuas will definitely work with your NVR thanks to a nifty protocol known as ONVIF. If you pull up the specsheet of an IP camera and it has ONVIF listed then it should record on the NVR. (See Screenshot->2017-11-30_1906)

I've never heard of an sv3c. After looking it up I couldn't find a spec sheet easily which is never a good sign either. However, I did find this post which is pretty accurate when referring to certain "ONVIF conformant" cameras: SV3C SV-B01-1080PL - $39 for PoE, 2MP bullet camera?

To get the Dahua's working: message me a screenshot of what you have listed on the camera management page on your NVRs web interface and we'll go from there.

Most importantly, if you're looking for something plug and play and that will indefinitely work with your new NVR we have new 4K fixed lens and vari-focal IP cameras (which I've linked below) as well as other lower megapixel cameras:

-Motorized Variable Focus Bullet: NSC-268-BTZF1 4K (8MP) Ultra HD WDR Motorized Vari‐Focal Bullet IP Security Camera 2.8-12mm - Nelly's Security

-Fixed Lens Bullet: NSC-208-BT 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Outdoor IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm - Nelly's Security

-Motorized Variable Focus Dome: NSC-278-DMZF1 4K (8MP) Ultra HD WDR Motorized Vari‐Focal Dome IP Security Camera 2.8-12mm - Nelly's Security

-Fixed Lens Dome: NSC-218-DM 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Outdoor IP Dome Security Camera 2.8mm - Nelly's Security

-Fixed Lens EXIR Turret: NSC-2X8-DM 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Outdoor EXIR Turret IP Security Camera 2.8mm - Nelly's Security

Last edited:

seabot

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for replying Ryan. I ordered a new NSC-208 because I'm not sure cameras I have work. It should be here this week. Hopefully it's the cameras.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The Dahua cameras will definitely work with your system. If you get a chance, give us a call between 9-5pm CST Mon-Friday when you're at the location with the NVR and we'll help you get the Dahua cameras added.

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @seabot,

The Dahuas will definitely work with your NVR thanks to a nifty protocol known as ONVIF. If you pull up the specsheet of an IP camera and it has ONVIF listed then it should record on the NVR. (See Screenshot->2017-11-30_1906)

I've never heard of an sv3c. After looking it up I couldn't find a spec sheet easily which is never a good sign either. However, I did find this post which is pretty accurate when referring to certain "ONVIF conformant" cameras: SV3C SV-B01-1080PL - $39 for PoE, 2MP bullet camera?

To get the Dahua's working: message me a screenshot of what you have listed on the camera management page on your NVRs web interface and we'll go from there.

Most importantly, if you're looking for something plug and play and that will indefinitely work with your new NVR we have new 4K fixed lens and vari-focal IP cameras (which I've linked below) as well as other lower megapixel cameras:

-Motorized Variable Focus Bullet: NSC-268-BTZF1 4K (8MP) Ultra HD WDR Motorized Vari‐Focal Bullet IP Security Camera 2.8-12mm - Nelly's Security

-Fixed Lens Bullet: NSC-208-BT 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Outdoor IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm - Nelly's Security

-Motorized Variable Focus Dome: NSC-278-DMZF1 4K (8MP) Ultra HD WDR Motorized Vari‐Focal Dome IP Security Camera 2.8-12mm - Nelly's Security

-Fixed Lens Dome: NSC-218-DM 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Outdoor IP Dome Security Camera 2.8mm - Nelly's Security

-Fixed Lens EXIR Turret: NSC-2X8-DM 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Outdoor EXIR Turret IP Security Camera 2.8mm - Nelly's Security
Very helpful

I was looking at this NVR as it is cheap AF and could go in a pinch for people wanting first system without turning their wallets upside-down - only $200 rn + $20 BF coupon = $180

But what kind of NVR is it? I know it's an OEM, looks like Nelly's Security, but is it a re-branded Hikvision 7608? The specs look similar...