Ipcam SriCam Sp011 - Port Forwarding

jez_09

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi im new here! and i've got a problem!!:sad2: Please help, i would really appreciate your help.
I have an Sp011 ipcamera (Sricam), the ip address & port are already given, and i want to access it remotely, so i tried to port forward on my router and i just copy the Ip address & port of the camera, the only problem was when i check the port on canyouseeme.org the port is closed? the firewall is closed(on my pc) and i even create an inbound in firewall settings for port. But still the port is closed, do i need to contact My ISP now to open the port for me?or there is still a hope for me to configure it?:cool::sad2::sentimental:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi im new here! and i've got a problem!!:sad2: Please help, i would really appreciate your help.
I have an Sp011 ipcamera (Sricam), the ip address & port are already given, and i want to access it remotely, so i tried to port forward on my router and i just copy the Ip address & port of the camera, the only problem was when i check the port on canyouseeme.org the port is closed? the firewall is closed(on my pc) and i even create an inbound in firewall settings for port. But still the port is closed, do i need to contact My ISP now to open the port for me?or there is still a hope for me to configure it?:cool::sad2::sentimental:
Do yourself a HUGE favor and send that junk back.

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You shouldn't use the internal IP address of the camera, you should use the external IP address of the router and the port you used when you port forwarded the camera. Your camera is on a private ip address behind the router. Port forward opens up a hole on the router between the external address and the internal address of your camera. Have you tried using the external IP address and port that you configured in the port forward?