IPCamPower Switch any good?

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IPCamPower 24 Port POE Network Switch W/ 2 Gigabit Uplink Ports | Designed for IP Cameras | POE+ Capable of pushing 30 Watts per Port | 250 Watts Total Budget https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076HWG8F3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_HLYEAbQP0F94A

Looking at this and have 2 questions

#1) Is this any good? 8-10 cameras
#2) Is it safe to assume the ports are auto-sensing and can be safely used for non-POE?

Right now I have my modem feeding a negear switch to 8 rooms in the house
I also have 9 runs for POE cams to the outside. Hoping to consolidate them all into 1 switch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check out the PoE Switch Suggestion List in my signature for more options. Not sure If that Switch is in there, but I will add it if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not used a 24 port one but have used a few 6 or 8 port ones and they have been running round the clock with NO issues. The last one I got was smaller with a external P.S. instead if a internal one but is running well, Nelly's is pretty solid with hardware and support and I think they are the Amazon seller on that.
Link: 24 Port PoE Switches - Nelly's Security

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not used a 24 port one but have used a few 6 or 8 port ones and they have been running round the clock with NO issues. The last one I got was smaller with a external P.S. instead if a internal one but is running well, Nelly's is pretty solid with hardware and support and I think they are the Amazon seller on that.
Link: 24 Port PoE Switches - Nelly's Security
good enough for me!

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ordered it up. Looked like the other models got good reviews and it is POE+ capable, whatever that means haha.

250w budget on 8-10 devices should work just fine. Not planning any PTZ either.

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just an update

switch is a solid piece, FWIW.

have 2 POE cams, 8 rooms, and DirecTV feeding off of it currently.
Will eventually have 8-10 POE cams and possibly a POE router.

So far no issues that I'm aware of.
Well, one of my cameras did experience 2 no signal events, but I suppose that could have been anything. It's a new setup, so who knows if it was a fluke, bad line, or bad port.

Hell of a lot better than the 300+/day no signals I got at my old house with Foscam WiFi cams.

Fro

n3wb
Reaction score
I've also been eyeing this switch. Have you noticed any issues with heat or temperature? That's a lot of POE ports for being fanless. Thanks!

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've also been eyeing this switch. Have you noticed any issues with heat or temperature? That's a lot of POE ports for being fanless. Thanks!
right now I have 6 POE cams running and 8-10 non-poe, it is a bit warm to the touch, but not hot by any means. I debated stuffing it in my can/cabinet but wall mounted it instead.

I'll organize the wiring a bit more once I get the rest of my cams up... and stop being so lazy lol

chris70cuda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
right now I have 6 POE cams running and 8-10 non-poe, it is a bit warm to the touch, but not hot by any means. I debated stuffing it in my can/cabinet but wall mounted it instead.

I'll organize the wiring a bit more once I get the rest of my cams up... and stop being so lazy lol

Just doing some research on this switch you bought. So you are able to run non poe devices to this like tvs, game systems, and computers without any issues all while hooking on POE cameras?

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just doing some research on this switch you bought. So you are able to run non poe devices to this like tvs, game systems, and computers without any issues all while hooking on POE cameras?
so far, so good. feeds 8 rooms, 4 of which run access points with TVs, nvidia shields, xbox, etc...

it only provides the wattage required per port

chris70cuda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so far, so good. feeds 8 rooms, 4 of which run access points with TVs, nvidia shields, xbox, etc...

it only provides the wattage required per port

So I see one of the blue cables coming from the at&t boxe to the switch but where is the second blue wire from the switch going to? Is it your computer? I am new to this and all I have left if the switch to buy? I am trying to hook up four tvs and 5 cameras. Just want to make sure this would work.

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the other one is directv

chris70cuda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the other one is directv

So, you believe I should be able to hook up 4 rooms with tv and 5 outdoor cameras without any issues? I just get worried about power being sent to the non camera devices

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, you believe I should be able to hook up 4 rooms with tv and 5 outdoor cameras without any issues? I just get worried about power being sent to the non camera devices
all I know is I'm doing double that with no issues