IPCT 8 MP(4K) IPCT-HFW5831RE-I IP, trying to setup with NS-5AC's

dancam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I got this IPCT cam the other day after reading around the IPCT forums, and thought it'd be a better choice than UBNT's UVC-G3 Flex. I have 2 UBNT NS-5AC Nonostations configured, and had a UBNT-G3-Flex working with the "Access Point" and "Station" with static ips for both.
When I got the IPCT cam, I restored factory settings and reconfigured the NS-5ACs.
I configured the IPCT cam with new password, static ip of 192.168.0.112, subnet 255.255.255.0.
I am able to view the cam/settings while it is plugged into my switch via a browser.
I have internet access on the "station" side of the NS-5AC (I used a pc via ethernet to check).
When I plugin the camera (with an external 12v 2a power supply), to the 'Lan" port of the NS-5AC power brick/poe injector "station" side, I cannot view the camera webpage. It times out.
I also tried with poe passthru turned off, and tried camera on Secondary poe+data port on the NS-AC "station."
On the Camera>Network>Basic settings, I tried 'test' on the static ip, and it returns "This address not used".
I think I just missed something. If anyone can offer any advise, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank, DanIPCT 8mp cam settings .jpg View attachment 40454

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all. I got this IPCT cam the other day after reading around the IPCT forums, and thought it'd be a better choice than UBNT's UVC-G3 Flex. I have 2 UBNT NS-5AC Nonostations configured, and had a UBNT-G3-Flex working with the "Access Point" and "Station" with static ips for both.
When I got the IPCT cam, I restored factory settings and reconfigured the NS-5ACs.
I configured the IPCT cam with new password, static ip of 192.168.0.112, subnet 255.255.255.0.
I am able to view the cam/settings while it is plugged into my switch via a browser.
I have internet access on the "station" side of the NS-5AC (I used a pc via ethernet to check).
When I plugin the camera (with an external 12v 2a power supply), to the 'Lan" port of the NS-5AC power brick/poe injector "station" side, I cannot view the camera webpage. It times out.
I also tried with poe passthru turned off, and tried camera on Secondary poe+data port on the NS-AC "station."
On the Camera>Network>Basic settings, I tried 'test' on the static ip, and it returns "This address not used".
I think I just missed something. If anyone can offer any advise, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank, DanView attachment 40453 View attachment 40454
Hi @dancam, thanks for purchasing the camera and for joining IPCT.

A few questions. When you plug into the NS-5AC and 12v, does the camera come up on the network using SADP Tool (available in downloads)? Can you confirm that the camera is powering up? Usually after allowing a little time for the camera to power up, if you hold your hand over the front to cover it from light, you should hear the IR click on (and can usually see it, too). In this case the IR is below the lens on the camera. Is the 12V power adapter 12V 2A?

Do you have a switch that you can try to put between the NS-5AC and the camera?

dancam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply. When I plug into the NS-5AC lan on the power brick, and use the 12v 2a plug (what the output reads), I am not able to see the camera in SADP. Only when its on my main switch.
The camera is powering up, sorry I meant to put that my post. I see the ir lights.
I have an extra non-poe switch that I will try with the 12v 2a plug, and report back. Thanks. I was just about to try DHCP, but didn't think that made sense.

dancam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi again. I tried two old D-Link gigabit switches with no luck. I even tried the "Secondary" port on the NS-5AC again and had some activity on the 2nd input of the D-link, but it then stopped.
Just to make sure, I don't need to put a port number or something after the camera ip address correct?
Any other suggestions, I am happy to try.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi again. I tried two old D-Link gigabit switches with no luck. I even tried the "Secondary" port on the NS-5AC again and had some activity on the 2nd input of the D-link, but it then stopped.
Just to make sure, I don't need to put a port number or something after the camera ip address correct?
Any other suggestions, I am happy to try.
did you try dhcp as you suggested?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried DHCP with no luck being found on SADP.
do you have another camera to test with? It sounds like a network/ubi configuration problem as the camera works fine otherwise.

dancam

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a SV3C camera I can try tomorrow, I only have the one IPCT cam.

dancam

n3wb
Reaction score
I just tried the NS-5AC "Staion PtP" Lan on the power brick/injector, and one of my Sv3C cameras popped right up on screen, and I was able to go right to the camera sign-on page for that camera.
I hope it is just a setting somewhere that I am missing for the IPCT/HIKvision camera. Sent a message to UBNT as well. Thanks anyway guys and gals. I guess if I can't figure it out, I'll send it back and use SV3Cs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried the NS-5AC "Staion PtP" Lan on the power brick/injector, and one of my Sv3C cameras popped right up on screen, and I was able to go right to the camera sign-on page for that camera.
I hope it is just a setting somewhere that I am missing for the IPCT/HIKvision camera. Sent a message to UBNT as well. Thanks anyway guys and gals. I guess if I can't figure it out, I'll send it back and use SV3Cs.
The sv3c's are crap there are much better options like dahua if you dont want to stay with hik. The ipct cameras are hikvisions. Lots of folks using hikvision with ubnt point to point. Try reseting the hik to factory and dont change anything before trying to find it via sadp.

dancam

n3wb
Reaction score
I checked that 1pv6 is Disabled by default. I did another reset and still no connection to the camera via SADP tool.
Maybe I will try a lower MP IPCT/HIK, or Dahua when they are available, (I think they are not available yet).
Thanks for all your suggestions, I appreciate it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked that 1pv6 is Disabled by default. I did another reset and still no connection to the camera via SADP tool.
Maybe I will try a lower MP IPCT/HIK, or Dahua when they are available, (I think they are not available yet).
Thanks for all your suggestions, I appreciate it.
The MP is not the issue. The lower MP are available though. Its a network issue as the camera works. I would post on a unbt forum they may have some insight.

dancam

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I understand, I was meaning maybe a lower mp model, as it seems older simpler cams seem to work fine. I am still waiting to hear back from ubnt.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Do your nanostations have "Access Point WDS" and "Station WDS" modes? The WDS mode on these is supposed to form a transparent layer 2 bridge which is "just like an ethernet cable" in terms of compatibility. Then the only things I would imagine could cause issues are IP address conflicts (two devices using the same IP) or the UBNT firewall on either radio (which should in most cases simply not be enabled).