Iphone app now will not connect to Blue Iris via WAN?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, hopefully some help here (especially form the Great Fenderman)? I know this has been covered before but I can not figure this out. My iPhone app worked perfectly on WAN until the power supply on my computer went out so I switched to another computer till I installed the new power supply and I have that original PC now back up and running but can not connect with WAN to my iPhone. When I am on wifi at home it's perfect, app works great but when I am off site I get the "UNABLE to make connection-check server error". The WAN IP in my Comcast gateway matches the one in my PC and in my iPhone app. I have the port on my Comcast gateway forwarded to port 90 which has worked for a few years and the WAN IP address does have the port added to the address :)90). I am enclosing a picture of the web server option from my Blue Iris (I blanked out the WAN IP address for now but it is in the correct format (XX.XXX.XXX.XX:90) again matching the gateway and the PC. HELP?? Thanks, to any/all. Adam

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, hopefully some help here (especially form the Great Fenderman)? I know this has been covered before but I can not figure this out. My iPhone app worked perfectly on WAN until the power supply on my computer went out so I switched to another computer till I installed the new power supply and I have that original PC now back up and running but can not connect with WAN to my iPhone. When I am on wifi at home it's perfect, app works great but when I am off site I get the "UNABLE to make connection-check server error". The WAN IP in my Comcast gateway matches the one in my PC and in my iPhone app. I have the port on my Comcast gateway forwarded to port 90 which has worked for a few years and the WAN IP address does have the port added to the address :)90). I am enclosing a picture of the web server option from my Blue Iris (I blanked out the WAN IP address for now but it is in the correct format (XX.XXX.XXX.XX:90) again matching the gateway and the PC. HELP?? Thanks, to any/all. Adam
in the virtual box remove the quote, its should just be /
did you double check your port forwarding rules?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, thanks for jumping on it! I removed the " marks as you said and my port forwarding always worked, I did not change anything in the gateway, pic attached. Also, forgive my ignorance, to test the iPhone at home here on WAN can I simply turn off my wifi in my iphone and that would then make the iPhone work of LAN so I can test WAN without going somehwere? Thanks, Adam

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, thanks for jumping on it! I removed the " marks as you said and my port forwarding always worked, I did not change anything in the gateway, pic attached. Also, forgive my ignorance, to test the iPhone at home here on WAN can I simply turn off my wifi in my iphone and that would then make the iPhone work of LAN so I can test WAN without going somehwere? Thanks, Adam
your server ip is incorrect....its .10 not .176....make sure you reserve that ip for the pc so that it doesnt change...

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK Fenderman, yes, I think it was 176 so I should make that change in the port forwarding in my gateway, yes?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK Fenderman, yes, I think it was 176 so I should make that change in the port forwarding in my gateway, yes?
yes, or change your pc to .176, either way you need to reserve the ip so it never changes..

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fenderman, you are THE BEST and of course it worked. How do I reserve an IP? Again, thanks! Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, you are THE BEST and of course it worked. How do I reserve an IP? Again, thanks! Adam
that is done in your router...look for something called dhcp reservation or similar

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Shall do Sir or I will call Comcast tomorrow. You are a good egg! Adam
Dont waste your time with comcast support...google your router and dhcp reservation...its a two minuet job.