iPhone monitoring stopped after router flashing

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently flashed my home router with new firmware, then did my standard port-forward (82 and 8000) to allow me external monitoring of my Hikvision NVR (I am looking at a VPN later, but that’s another story). After port forwarding, I received new IP addresses from my ISP and I can (again) monitor my NVR with Firefox on a windows machine using ipaddress/port in Firefox. So far so good.

However, I can no longer monitor the NVR on my iPhone. In Safari, when I enter the same ipaddress/port as in Firefox, I get the login page, but it refuses the username/password combination. Further, NVMS7000 and iVMS4500 both tell me “data download from device failed”. This used to work prior to the router flashing.

Anyone knows what I am missing? Thanks

-S

toysareforboys

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You could put your NVR in DMZ temporarily to see if that corrects the issue, then you know it's a port forwarding/firewall issue.

-Jamie M.

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks toysareforboys. But it looks like my problem is one of username and/or password not being recognized only (and strangely) when I am on the iPhone. Would the DMZ mode help in this case?

-S

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did solve the problem, though not sure why. Here it goes:
- On a Win10 PC and Firefox, I have to use the HTTP port address (82). No other address will work (such as HTTPS, Server, or RTSP ports)
- On an iPhone, I have to use the Server port address (8000)

Anyone knows why?

-S