iPhone push alerts, how to set properly?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all (mostly Fenderman), so with BI4 and iPhone I could simply go in to my app and turn on PUSH notifications for each particular camera and it worked fine (until push stopped working with V4 alltogether) so I upgraded to BI5 with help from Fenderman and although the alerts and push do work they do not work quite as they should I think. If I don't ENABLE the alerts in the BI5 software on my PC then even if I turn on PUSH notifivcations in the iPhone app they will not work. The iPhone alerts only work when I click the enable box in the PC software for each camera and as soon as I do that then the alerts come whether I want them to or not. Again, with BI4 all I did was enable PUSH in the app for any camera and it worked, when I turned off PUSH in the app they stopped. I hope I am making sense, perhaps I am doing something wrong. Thanks, Adam

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) I assume you have the BI app installed on your iPhone, correct?
2) Have you consulted with BI's built-in "Help" (the big ? up at the top) and read about "ALERTS AND ACTIONS" and in that chapter "PUSH NOTIFICATION" ?
I believe it all starts on about page 99.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, yes, of course app is installed, as mentioned I can't enable PUSH NOTIFICATIONS from my phone, I read the Help section but it's not clear how to turn it on simply from your phone like you could do in BI4. Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The best way to enable disable push from the phone is to use profiles.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I just remember for BI4 I simply went in to the app and enabled it and it worked perfectly but those days are gone. Perhaps I'll play around with profiles. Thanks for the post good sir. Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I just remember for BI4 I simply went in to the app and enabled it and it worked perfectly but those days are gone. Perhaps I'll play around with profiles. Thanks for the post good sir. Adam
no you didnt simply go to the app and enabled it. You have to manually do it for every camera which is silly. Or you used the traffic signal which is now the shield. You can still do it manually with bi5. Nothing has changed. Using profiles is the smart way to do this so that you can use temporary overrides so you dont have to remember to set it back and its done all at once not camera by camera.