Ipv4 is gone

Nick Han

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I’m trying to do port forwarding from my ipv4 address. But when I click enable DHCP in configuration and go to system maintenance to find out what my ipv4 address is, it turns out that ipv4 address, ipv4 subnet mask and ipv4 default gateway are all
0 0 0 0 like the attached picture. 4 months ago it wasn’t like this.

Please help.
Is there anyway to get back ipv4? Or a solution for this?

Attachments

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Nick and welcome to the forum. That indicator shows that your Hikvision NVR or camera (not sure what screen that is) can’t obtain an IP address via DHCP. It’s tough to troubleshoot without knowing anything about your network and how you’ve set it up. Can you help describe the network as you have it configured today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Han

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m so sorry that I didn’t describe much.
I’m new to this because the one who set it up is gone ( can’t contact him anymore) and I have to be the one who figure it out how to solve this (said by my boss). I attached the picture of how he set up. He set up 8 NVR cameras and hikvision system 3 years ago. I can also use hikvision’s app on my phone to access to cameras. 2 months ago, I couldn’t use hikvision’s app because of “connection failed” and I figured out that the external port( 80, 8000) didn’t show on my ipv4 address. So I checked my local ip address by clicking enable DHCP in configuration and looked at system maintenance. I saw my ipv4 address. So I knew that nothing wrong with it, then I did port forwarding on my ipv4 address. So everything worked fine. But now when I check my external port on my ipv4 address. It can’t find any ports again. Then I do the same as last time. So I check system maintenance but there are only 0 0 0 0 on ipv4 address and the rest are gone.

Ipv4 address: 192.168.0.47
I could search this on google and see my port forwarding but now when I search it, I found nothing.

Please let me know what I need to provide you more in order to find out what the problem is. And please be patient with me because I know a little about this.

Attachments

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What model number is the NVR ?
Are the cameras directly connect to the nvr, via the rj45 connectors on the back of the NVR ?

Port forwarding is done at the router. Port forwarding is NOT recommended do to a security risk.

Private ip addresses. Local IP addresses. These addresses are NOT used by the internet. They are for your local home/business network.
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m so sorry that I didn’t describe much.
I’m new to this because the one who set it up is gone ( can’t contact him anymore) and I have to be the one who figure it out how to solve this (said by my boss). I attached the picture of how he set up. He set up 8 NVR cameras and hikvision system 3 years ago. I can also use hikvision’s app on my phone to access to cameras. 2 months ago, I couldn’t use hikvision’s app because of “connection failed” and I figured out that the external port( 80, 8000) didn’t show on my ipv4 address. So I checked my local ip address by clicking enable DHCP in configuration and looked at system maintenance. I saw my ipv4 address. So I knew that nothing wrong with it, then I did port forwarding on my ipv4 address. So everything worked fine. But now when I check my external port on my ipv4 address. It can’t find any ports again. Then I do the same as last time. So I check system maintenance but there are only 0 0 0 0 on ipv4 address and the rest are gone.

Ipv4 address: 192.168.0.47
I could search this on google and see my port forwarding but now when I search it, I found nothing.

Please let me know what I need to provide you more in order to find out what the problem is. And please be patient with me because I know a little about this.
Tell your boss that you are not qualified to touch this NVR or another other piece of networking equipment. You need to hire a professional or the both of you will be fired when its discovered that you created a security disaster.

Nick Han

n3wb
Reaction score
Model number: Hikvision IPC-DFR960P
SF version:
What model number is the NVR ?
Are the cameras directly connect to the nvr, via the rj45 connectors on the back of the NVR ?

Port forwarding is done at the router. Port forwarding is NOT recommended do to a security risk.

Private ip addresses. Local IP addresses. These addresses are NOT used by the internet. They are for your local home/business network.
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
Model number: Hikvision IPC-DFR960P
SF version: V2.3.7_131112
Yes. All cameras connect to the back of NVR.
if local IP address doesn’t show on my screen, how can I make it appear?

Nick Han

n3wb
Reaction score
Tell your boss that you are not qualified to touch this NVR or another other piece of networking equipment. You need to hire a professional or the both of you will be fired when its discovered that you created a security disaster.
Could you tell me who I can hire that you said professional?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By local IP address i mean all the devices and there addresses that are in your home or place of business (cameras, PC, MAC...) . Non local address are addresses that are on the internet, your Router, Amazon, google, IBM....

Your router has two address one that is local and one on the internet.

IPC-DFR960P is the model number of the camera, need the model umber of the NVR .

I agree with @fenderman , get some outside help.

Reaction score
your router may have changed your camera's and NVR static ip address find a good IT local tech that is trust worthy to fix your problem and show you had to correct it again. make sure your company retains all passwords to your network