IR blasters - do you use them?

Brian Bain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am quickly losing my interest in using the IR blasters on the Hivision cameras.

does anyone use stand-alone IR blasters? if so what do you get? where do you typically place them? I guess you have to run power to them (that seems like a hassle)?

I am thinking about just getting motion sensing lights.

any thoughts/advice?

For reference here is the house: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4681-Camera-placement-advice?p=40031#post40031

motion sensing light would go above middle garage door and light the whole driveway.

I don't have a plan for the upper driveway.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the cmvision one in mikes link from amazon. Works pretty good but not that wide angle though. I use my old power supply from my old coax siamese cable system to power them so you don't need so many of those wall wart converters.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I also use the CMvision model linked above. I have had two of them installed for the last 3 years with great success ... though I really should check to see how many of the LEDs are still working...

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, i have one. i have not had much time to set it up right. it definitely does the job. may actually be too much for me. i need to re-position it. i would post a shot but i just cleaned out all my videos. i can post one tomorrow or later tonight.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe @Ispy has one of those...
Thanks fenderman.

yes, i have one. i have not had much time to set it up right. it definitely does the job. may actually be too much for me. i need to re-position it. i would post a shot but i just cleaned out all my videos. i can post one tomorrow or later tonight.
Thanks Ispy. That wold be great to see how well it works. I may order one soon if it has the coverage they claim it has.

Brian Bain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
damn, those look good!. Hmm, might have to get one and try it!

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
damn, those look good!. Hmm, might have to get one and try it!
I was going to order one but then decided not to because I ordered one of the Huisun 10x PTZ mini bullets. The IR range with the bullet is supposed to be 80 meters, so it should light up the street for my other cameras. Shouldn't need an extra illuminator. Will see how it works out when it arrives.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You will find that your Huisun looks like a narrow beam of light to the other cameras rather than lighting up the whole street.

Brian Bain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was going to order one but then decided not to because I ordered one of the Huisun 10x PTZ mini bullets. The IR range with the bullet is supposed to be 80 meters, so it should light up the street for my other cameras. Shouldn't need an extra illuminator. Will see how it works out when it arrives.
do let us know!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I also use the CMvision model linked above (http://amzn.to/1jQCBPB). I have had two of them installed for the last 3 years with great success ... though I really should check to see how many of the LEDs are still working...
The one in my garage has about 5 LEDs out. The one outside I discovered hasn't been plugged in for the last 6 months. I fixed that and all the LEDs are still working on it.

The pic on the left is just the Hik 2032's LEDs, the pic on the right has the illuminator on also. It is pointed at the space between the car and the wall, and as you can see it is a nicely spread out beam and makes quite a difference in night vision quality.