Is $75-$100 per hour FAIR for Camera/Alarm Subcontract Installation rates

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I currently charge $65 an hour and don't make sh** with this inflation and all!
Go for it!
Plumbers make the $75 to $100 you asked about and there's little I can do about it.
I'd make sure my current customers know of the sudden jump in price BEFORE I headed their way so as to not lose them by hitting them with it after the job.
Give them the opportunity to decline or accept...that's their right. If they can't find anyone to do it quickly and do it well, then they'll be back and nobody got pissed. Your longtime and loyal customers will sigh a bit but they'll likely accept and swallow the increase. :cool:

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is hard to find installers. I have 7 POE cams already "installed" temporarily However waterproofing and mounting are not my skillsets. ( Although after reading Tony R's fantastic article, I feel better!)
I have 3 PTZ and 4 non-PTZ. I got 2 estimates. Both were $3000 for the cams with the CAT-6 already installed and one long run already trenched. And I was unimpressed with their knowledge of how to mount correctly and address some of the difficulties with installation. And $600 install for 2 poles ( a bag of quikrete, a shovel and a pole).

It's about a 6 hour job and i would gladly pay $100/hour to someone who knew what they were doing in the Philadelphia region. The group here was far more useful.

Rjdnfnfn

n3wb
Reaction score
It is hard to find installers. I have 7 POE cams already "installed" temporarily However waterproofing and mounting are not my skillsets. ( Although after reading Tony R's fantastic article, I feel better!)
I have 3 PTZ and 4 non-PTZ. I got 2 estimates. Both were $3000 for the cams with the CAT-6 already installed and one long run already trenched. And I was unimpressed with their knowledge of how to mount correctly and address some of the difficulties with installation. And $600 install for 2 poles ( a bag of quikrete, a shovel and a pole).

It's about a 6 hour job and i would gladly pay $100/hour to someone who knew what they were doing in the Philadelphia region. The group here was far more useful.
You should be able to buy wall mount brackets that thread onto your PTZ domes. Then you mount a pole bracket to the pole using hose clamps and bolt the camera wall mount to that for a secure fit. Pole brackets work on poles as small as 2 inches in diameter.

Attachments

Rjdnfnfn

n3wb
Reaction score
Easily. Depending where you are you can charge more.
I have a job in chicago that I am quoting on. 33 camera shopping center install. I am thinking about going up to $75 an hour and doing 15% overhead, which is 5% more than I normally quote in case my truck gets stolen when I am on the roof working xD. Basically I will end up quoting like $1000 per camera for just labor.

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should be able to buy wall mount brackets that thread onto your PTZ domes. Then you mount a pole bracket to the pole using hose clamps and bolt the camera wall mount to that for a secure fit. Pole brackets work on poles as small as 2 inches in diameter.
[/QUO

Thank you!!

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
$65 is way to cheap if you are getting a 1099.

By the time you figure in your travel, expertise, tools taxes etc, $100 would be where I would start.