Is A GeoVision Camera and A Hikvision NVR Compatible?

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
glad to here you got it working, all i had to do on the NVR is manually add a camera set it to onvif with the username and password leaving the port at 80 and it connected.

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah,
glad to here you got it working, all i had to do on the NVR is manually add a camera set it to onvif with the username and password leaving the port at 80 and it connected.
Yeah, you would think that would be all that is needed. That's what I did with the Dahua cameras and it worked but it's not working with the GeoVision camera for some reason.

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
UPDATE: I'm relaunching a new Thread to see if it catches anyone else's attention. You would think SOMEONE out there has had a similar problem and either got it fixed or knows it can't be fixed.

tommyd75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this ever worked?
I'm going to be swapping a dvr for a hikvision unit and going to be adding the existing geovision cameras to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
geovision camera will work using ONIVF but you may only be able basic features of the camera i.e record 24/7 & PTZ... depends on the nvr

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
geovision camera will work using ONIVF but you may only be able basic features of the camera i.e record 24/7 & PTZ... depends on the nvr
At this point, I wish I could get any recording out of it haha.

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this ever worked?
I'm going to be swapping a dvr for a hikvision unit and going to be adding the existing geovision cameras to it.

I still can't get mine working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeKaNo

n3wb
Reaction score
I got it working, first is you plug your geovision on the network.... not nvr yet.
Then you use gv utility and get in the programing of the cam you put the IP 192.168.254.6 (its in the 5th slot of the nvr) and you leave the port to 80 max bitrate 2048 and gateway is 192.168.254.1, once you change the gateway you dont have access to camera anymore, now you can plug it in the nvr select onvif port 80 and the ip 192.168.254.6 in slot 5 an then i rebooted the nvr, and voila it works ! the thing is if you wanna get back into the geovsion programming you have to plug your computer or laptop directly into the nvr(any port) and start the gv utility to gain access to it.