Is bandwidth speed an issue? Will BI be a bandwith killer?

JohnsCam

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a newbie, but I learn fast.

If we install Blue Iris on a PC in our small business office, I'm thinking that our four NEST CAMS would have to be transmitting full live stream 24x7 outbound to www. dropcam .com in order to get to the PC hosting the Blue Iris software. And it sounds like it would be a round-trip and thus twice thru our routers. Double load.

24x7 ? Isn't that quite a load on our router continuously? Isn't that a bandwidth killer?

Or perhaps there is a local net method? Direct from cam to PC local LAN.

Any advice would be appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a newbie, but I learn fast.

If we install Blue Iris on a PC in our small business office, I'm thinking that our four NEST CAMS would have to be transmitting full live stream 24x7 outbound to www. dropcam .com in order to get to the PC hosting the Blue Iris software. And it sounds like it would be a round-trip and thus twice thru our routers. Double load.

24x7 ? Isn't that quite a load on our router continuously? Isn't that a bandwidth killer?

Or perhaps there is a local net method? Direct from cam to PC local LAN.

Any advice would be appreciated!
This is a problem only with nestcam and the like because they refuse to provide a local stream...sell that garbage and replace with dahua starlight turrets...
you can easily calculate the bandwidth use which will likely be low because they dont store a high bitrate stream...download the demo and test or view all cams on your pc and check the load on the router...