Is BlueIris site down

CloudyDave

n3wb
Reaction score
Am I the only one having problems accessing the blueiris website?
Certificate issue?
Secure Connection Failed is returned.

hapstabu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been trying to check updates all day. It just errors out.

Sent from my iPlay_50 using Tapatalk

CloudyDave

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesterday I posted a question asking if I was the only one having problems getting to their web site. I didn't read all of the replys to this thread but I did get a response back from tech support stating that "we are experiencing some technical difficulties with out server". Its currently being worked on, but their is no indication as to when it will be back up. But they state, "it should be back up and running soon".
Since I haven't installed it yet I can't say how this outage impacts all of you.

hapstabu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can get up dates here.
By the way, Blue Iris will not run, there seems to be an issue with their servers. Stuck on the "Thank you for installing" window. Will not connect when entering the activation key.

From BI support this morning:

"Hello Steve,

I do apologize, but this is likely related to the technical difficulties we are experiencing with our server at the moment.
Our developer is working diligently to get this fixed however, so everything should be back up and running soon. You can check blueirissoftware.com periodically, and when the website is back up, this is an indicator that everything is back in order. You can also find an install file there, if needed.

Thank you for understanding, and I apologize for any inconvenience."

Sent from my iPlay_50 using Tapatalk

WSCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's connecting now when looking for updates but it lost my renewal info apparently and immediately put me into evaluation mode. I looked up my renewal key, put that in, and it worked but it's strange because it's now showing my activation date as today instead of last April when I actually renewed it. It's weird, but I did somehow manage to get 3 bonus months out of it, but it makes me wonder if they had to restore from an old backup.

I guess just make sure you have your renewal keys handy in case the same happens to you.

Reaction score
It expired 5/13/23 and I assumed well I can extend it and i paid for an extension, Then almost 2 months later it goes into eval.

Then I realized that It only lasted 10 months so perhaps 2 months ago was an error and the beginning of this down event?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It expired 5/13/23 and I assumed well I can extend it and i paid for an extension, Then almost 2 months later it goes into eval.

Then I realized that It only lasted 10 months so perhaps 2 months ago was an error and the beginning of this down event?
I dont understand, when you renewed what was the experation date given? if it just changed today then its related to the down event..

Reaction score
I dont understand, when you renewed what was the experation date given? if it just changed today then its related to the down event..
Both - I assumed 2 months ago that my license was due - so I paid some extended thing.. then today I inspected my annual last year and realized that it was to expire this month, not 2 months ago.

I'm certain something is going on today but why would it expire two months early (I'm going to wait until they catch up to ask directly) im not too worrried about it - i have several installs out there just putting it out there that something weird happened two months ago and I didn't catch it.

"This delivery contains a subscription. The next delivery will take place on 03-JUN-2024."

Reaction score
Ok what I purchased was a maint/support key - is this not an annual extension? It says to enter your 4/5 key - so the weird 2 month early deactivation confused me on what to buy apparently. Hope I can figure out how to convert/refund and buy the right thing or am I reading this right I bought the wrong renewal?