Is Intel Hardware Acceleration always on at the CPU level?

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I realize in Blue Iris you can turn on Intel Hardware Acceleration. Is there anything to turn on in the bios to make it work? I have a new Intel I5-8400 and i have very high cpu usage with Intel hardware acceleration on and off inside Blue Iris. My cpu usage is the same either way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I realize in Blue Iris you can turn on Intel Hardware Acceleration. Is there anything to turn on in the bios to make it work? I have a new Intel I5-8400 and i have very high cpu usage with Intel hardware acceleration on and off inside Blue Iris. My cpu usage is the same either way.
something else is causing your high cpu usage...are you recording direct to disc activated on all cams?

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I am recording direct to disk. Windows was using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver for the video card. I spoke to soon. I am running 11 cameras at 2MP 15 FPS with 16GB ram

I still am at 97% cpu usage..

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I am recording direct to disk. Windows was using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver for the video card. I just updated it to an Intel driver and no longer have crazy high cpu usage. Now I am hovering around 57% while using Remote Desktop to view CPU usage. I am running 11 cameras at 2MP 15 FPS with 16GB ram
its artificially high because of the remote desktop...you should be seeing 30 percent or less locally.

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would it be high with both RDP and using something like TightVNC?

According to Windows it was pegged out at 99%

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Install the intel graphic driver with release number starting with 21 instead of the latest ones

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Would it be high with both RDP and using something like TightVNC?

According to Windows it was pegged out at 99%
you have a memory leak...search memory leak and follow the advice above.