Is it not possible to indicate motion activity on continous record?

-DLS-

n3wb
Reaction score
I got my camera, and it is working great with my NAS :peaceful: but I am left a little disappointed.

It seems that you cannot do continuous recording and have the camera indicate motion activity on the film time reel.
Attached below is what I expected the playback to be like.

Maybe it does show up in the film time reel but the draw order of operations is making the blue overlap the pink. Did anyone figure out or hack the camera to indicate or do simultanious continous record + motion. The current solution is to write down the times in the log on a piece of paper and seek that way.:mad-new:

Attachments

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With my LTS system (unbranded Hikvision), the only way I can do that is from the software (IVMS-4200) and the NVR (using Smart Search). It can't be done from the browser.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't tell if you are trying to do this from in camera settings or using a DVR. You are not able to do what you want from within the camera settings unfortunately. When setting the schedule up you can have up to 4 different segments for the record type but they cannot overlap one another. You would have to setup Normal to overlap Record Triggered by Motion to get what you want.

If you are doing this from DVR, I don't know about how to set that up if at all possible as I don't have one.

-DLS-

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup, i was inside the camera settings. I do not have a NVR aswell, nor do I want one.

Do you have a better workaround to loading events instead of scrolling through recorded video?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yup, i was inside the camera settings. I do not have a NVR aswell, nor do I want one.

Do you have a better workaround to loading events instead of scrolling through recorded video?

Only record on motion?

In all seriousness that is the only way I record on cameras as otherwise it is WAY too time consuming to search through. If it is too far away for the Hiks to pick up motion then the footage will not be worthwhile anyway for getting faces or license plates and the like. On the other hand I have over 1,000 cameras so I'd literally have no possible way to search through a lot of constant recorded footage.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have a workaround for this. Most will record on motion. I personally setup a Blue Iris server and record 24/7 and send alerts on motion.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What you, and I, are looking for is something like this for the NVR web GUI:
QNAP Surveillance Station recording both continuous and event and showing both on the playback timeline.
Would be good.

Attachments