Is it possible to access home PC for Blue Iris web view and via Remote Desptop Conn.

rishisathe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have port forwarding setup for my home pc running Blue Iris and I can access Blue Iris remotely from Web Browser and also using iOS app.
However I am not able to connect to my home PC using Remote desktop connection. Please let me know what needs to be done in order to access the PC using RDP.

Thanks,

Rishi

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Is it possible to access home PC for Blue Iris web view and via Remote Desptop Co

Hello,

I have port forwarding setup for my home pc running Blue Iris and I can access Blue Iris remotely from Web Browser and also using iOS app.
However I am not able to connect to my home PC using Remote desktop connection. Please let me know what needs to be done in order to access the PC using RDP.

Thanks,

Rishi
Welcome to the forum. Are you using windows home or pro?

rishisathe

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Is it possible to access home PC for Blue Iris web view and via Remote Desptop Co

I am using Windows 10 Pro

- - - Updated - - -

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

You need to setup port forwarding for rdp, I would change the default port to something else. Its not the most secure method. I would setup a vpn, or use something free like teamviewer.

rishisathe

n3wb
Reaction score

You need to setup port forwarding for rdp, I would change the default port to something else. Its not the most secure method. I would setup a vpn, or use something free like teamviewer.
Thanks. I will setup an additional port for RDP. else try VPN in option. I just saw a new update from Netgear regarding that. http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29826

Audioadam

n3wb
Reaction score

TeamViewer is free for private use... No ports to open! Also works with lower bandwidth then rdp, you should try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalepa

Reaction score

TeamViewer is free for private use... No ports to open! Also works with lower bandwidth then rdp, you should try it.

Been happy with chrome remote desktop for awhile now... Anyone know how TeamView compares to chrome?

Audioadam

n3wb
Reaction score

Chrome is a nice freebie, I have seen it fail me when team-viewer didn't, but overall very nice.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score

+1 for teamviewer. I have it running on a few dozen machines/servers/POS's scattered around the country. I find it more stable and quicker to log into then RDP and it has great notifications as to when things go offline or come back online after remote reboots.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Been happy with chrome remote desktop for awhile now... Anyone know how TeamView compares to chrome?
havent tried the chrome but the downside of teamviewer is that it leaves a dialog box on the remote machine after your logoff..so you are using the machine to display video someone has to manually close the dialog.