Is it worth it ?

edmscan

n3wb
Reaction score
Am I the only one that bought a legit / non grey market camera ?

I see that everyone is buying cameras from China .. or elsewhere. But .. really is it worth it ?
As a newbie I want to know the scoop.

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope, it's not worth it. Trust me. 90% of topics here are from guys who bought China cams and/or China NVR and have problems like compatibility, service, first day of the week and firmware upgrade problems. Just don;t do it you want to sleep well.

LeeH

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a 50/50 mix of Hiks none have had any issues, both grey market and UK cams have been solid.

EDIT: apart from none of them send emails anymore...:livid:

edmscan

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope, it's not worth it. Trust me. 90% of topics here are from guys who bought China cams and/or China NVR and have problems like compatibility, service, first day of the week and firmware upgrade problems. Just don;t do it you want to sleep well.
Ok .. thank you. I was beginning to wonder reading all the threads. Me .. I am a plug and play kind of guy for somethings and somethings not. This .. is definitely plug and play as it is not my passion. But things that I am into .. I could spend countless hours on it, and not care. I can see owning max 2 cameras as that is all I would ever need.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
EDIT: apart from none of them send emails anymore...:livid:
Therein lies the problem. If you rely on the camera for email using gmail you are out of luck because you will not be able to update the firmware when hikvision eventually remedies the TSL issue. You will need to find another provider that works reliably.