Is my Dahua NVR broken??

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Went to check my cameras today and they don't connect...
So I just plugged a monitor directly into my Dahua NVR (4108-8P-2KS2) and it won't boot up past the boot up screen.

What do I do? I've tried unplugging the hard drive, and same problem

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@mat200
This is the ONLY screen that comes up now on bootup, and it stays on this screen forever.

It does not connect to 192.168.1.108 anymore like it used it. Problem started yesterday. I made no changes and did no firmware updates recently.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200
This is the ONLY screen that comes up now on bootup, and it stays on this screen forever.

It does not connect to 192.168.1.108 anymore like it used it. Problem started yesterday. I made no changes and did no firmware updates recently.
Hi @mordak

Try disconnecting the HDD and rebooting.
Try also disconnecting the cameras and then rebooting.

Do you see a difference?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200

Tried that, same result :(
hmmmm ....

Definitely try to ping the NVR from the LAN side, and see if you can access it even with the browser plugin.

Also try the PoE ports - see if any cameras come up ... you can ping the cameras if you connect a laptop to the POE port side of the switch.

Probably a good time to make a check list of what is not working, and drop Andy a note and see what his take is on the situation.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you clarify on how to do that?

My setup is Modem>Router>NVR>POE cameras.

Going to 192.168.1.108 is not working like it was before, it times out, and in my router settings the NVR does not show under "Attached Devices" like it used to.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
A cheap and dirty trick to test to see if your cams are powering up is to start the NVR, If you have a camera within reach you can cover it up and see if the IR trips, you should hear it click and should be able to see the IR lights. That will tell you two things, the Poe ports are powering up and also that your cams are somewhat functional. Is your fan working on that NVR ? Might want to try this, Yank the cover off the NVR, pull the power, disconnect the power supply from the board. Should be a plastic molex type connector from the PS to the board, pull it off, re seat it. Also try unplugging all or any USB devices from the NVR and start it without them in there. Goood luck.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A cheap and dirty trick to test to see if your cams are powering up is to start the NVR, If you have a camera within reach you can cover it up and see if the IR trips, you should hear it click and should be able to see the IR lights. That will tell you two things, the Poe ports are powering up and also that your cams are somewhat functional. Is your fan working on that NVR ? Might want to try this, Yank the cover off the NVR, pull the power, disconnect the power supply from the board. Should be a plastic molex type connector from the PS to the board, pull it off, re seat it. Also try unplugging all or any USB devices from the NVR and start it without them in there. Goood luck.
The NVR fan does work.
It has an external power brick, so there's nothing to disconnect from the board.
Did try unplugging all USB, still no luck.
The camera's IR is not working, so the NVR isn't booting the cameras up it seems like.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
The NVR fan does work.
It has an external power brick, so there's nothing to disconnect from the board.
Did try unplugging all USB, still no luck.
The camera's IR is not working, so the NVR isn't booting the cameras up it seems like.
Can you test the NVR power brick for correct voltage?

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the NVR exposed to the internet via port forwarding in your router?
I'm not sure...but I tried factory resetting my router and still same issue without using any port forwarding.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can these things be factory reset like pulling the battery?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Look at post 8 from Chris again. Open the nvr and reseat wire and ribbon connections where you find them. Sometimes it's as simple as that.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Look at post 8 from Chris again. Open the nvr and reseat wire and ribbon connections where you find them. Sometimes it's as simple as that.
@Shockwave199 Here's a picture of the inside...the hard drive is disconnected, but I don't see ANY connections besides the fan.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try it, you won't be any worse off. Did you test the power supply with a voltmeter?
Don't have a voltmeter to test it...but I doubt it's the power supply otherwise the screen would be black and the fan wouldn't even turn on right?

Is the battery the yellow circle in the bottom right of the picture? I tried to take it off but it seems glued on

Reaction score
I see a push-button in the lower-right corner of your photo. Have you applied power while holding down that button for 15 to 30 seconds? Just wondering... If that doesn't do it, try jumpering the two vias/holes at J10 in the lower left-hand corner.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see a push-button in the lower-right corner of your photo. Have you applied power while holding down that button for 15 to 30 seconds? Just wondering... If that doesn't do it, try jumpering the two vias/holes at J10 in the lower left-hand corner.
Tried pushing that button both while the system is powered on, and with it powered off. Tried holding it in for long time ago. No changes.
Could you give more detail on jumpering the two vias/holes at J10? Not sure what area you mean, and not sure what exactly you want me to do there.