Is my SD49225T-HN dead?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm just guessing here.
In the past, I have managed to repair two cameras, that had shorted capacitors in them.
They were doing the same thing as yours.
I have never repaired one of these PTZs yet.

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you positive you don't have something else using the 192.168.1.108 address on your network besides the SD49225T?

An IP conflict would show symptoms such as you are having.
Yes i'm positive.Almost all my devices are on static IP and ones that are on DHCP are managed by pfsense Before the camera went dead it was on separate network. All my cameras are on 192.168.50.x. after resting the camera it shows up briefly as 192.168.1.108.
Even if I connect the camera directly to spare computer that is not on the network I still can not access it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know if this is related to the original posters problem, but I have four of the SD49225T cameras in the field. All are set to tour through a series of presets. I have them all set to tour upon power up or idle motion. In the last couple weeks, that has quit. I can log in and manually start the tour, but it will not start on it's own. Other than that they work fine. I tried updating the firmware on them to the latest version but the problem is still there.
Keep in mind these things are designed to only run so many cycles (like 500,000 +- I think), so running it through a tour of presets 24/7 adds up quickly over time. Maybe you are approaching the cycle limit and it is shutting down to prevent total shut down of the unit?

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Keep in mind these things are designed to only run so many cycles (like 500,000 +- I think), so running it through a tour of presets 24/7 adds up quickly over time. Maybe you are approaching the cycle limit and it is shutting down to prevent total shut down of the unit?
I've never run it on tour. The cam would be moved on average few times a day.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've never run it on tour. The cam would be moved on average few times a day.
My response wasn't directed to you, but rather the person I quoted....sometimes people post other issues in someone's else's post...

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to my SD49225T-HN about 4 weeks ago. I tried various POE injectors and splitters and nothing worked, It would start its boot-up sequence and would be pingable briefly at it's default IP address, then go offline. I ended up replacing it with a SD49225XA-HNR. :(

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in that my SD49225T-HN went offline about 3 weeks ago with the exact same symptoms.

It had a static IP, now pops up on .108 non responsive then goes offline. Can't seem to get it doing anything.

No power issues. Maybe a firmware timebomb?

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just wanted to follow up. To continue testing mine I tried:

Powered off for an hour
Plugged device into stand alone router with Lan on 192.168.1.x
Only other device was a test PC.

The device does come on & off with 192.168.1.108 cycling on & off.

Wireshark sees the device, the MAC, the request for DHCP (though my device was setup for static).

I was using it with Unifi before and the router kept popping up "Unifi 100FDX Blocked" on the port.

I have used multiple different POE injectors, cables, etc.

Dirtsurfer

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed recently my SD49225T-HN is not contactable via the iphone app. After removing it from its mount and reconnecting on the bench I can connect to it from a config perspective using Smart PSS, but it wont display video etc and its ONLINE STATUS reads "Offline (cannot find network host)"
Not sure what is going on... any ideas?

Sunfox

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My SD49225T-HN PTZ seems to have died. My recordings stop at Sunday March 12th, 1:00 AM exactly. There was a weekly reboot scheduled at that time. Prior to that everything with the recordings were fine, no glitches or issues.

Currently when I plug the cable in, the PTZ portion goes through the startup self-check, I can see the IR light via my other cameras, but then after the sweep finishes the light goes out and that's all.

The camera never registers a blip on the Dahua DVR, it definitely does not resume the last PTZ position and turn IR back on (so it's not like it's working, and I just don't have communications), but it does show a constant 10-12 watts POE power draw (with the IR light on it's closer to 20). I've tried rebooting it numerous times, tried various combinations of interrupting the boot process, changing ports, etc. etc., but nothing's working...

The camera's mounted very high and it's still winter here, so I can't get to it any time soon - but any thoughts on what's happened, or anything I can try remotely?