Is my SD49225T-HN dead?

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi.
I have 3 SD49225T cameras That I bought from Andy 4 years ago. One of them went off line couple days ago and for a life of me I can not access it.
Tried multiple POE+ switches, tried directly to laptop and with a switch with power from AC adaptor (12v 30W). Different network cables and nothing.
Tried reset switch inside the camera, set ip on laptop to 192.168.1.x and still can not access it. Tried "Config Tool", "PSS" web browser and nothing.
I've seen it briefly on IP scanner but could not access it. Looks like it boots up ok. Goes through initial spin, 2 IR lights at the bottom, goes to home position but still can not access it.
Any ideas?
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.
I have 3 SD49225T cameras That I bought from Andy 4 years ago. One of them went off line couple days ago and for a life of me I can not access it.
Tried multiple POE+ switches, tried directly to laptop and with a switch with power from AC adaptor (12v 30W). Different network cables and nothing.
Tried reset switch inside the camera, set ip on laptop to 192.168.1.x and still can not access it. Tried "Config Tool", "PSS" web browser and nothing.
I've seen it briefly on IP scanner but could not access it. Looks like it boots up ok. Goes through initial spin, 2 IR lights at the bottom, goes to home position but still can not access it.
Any ideas?
Thanks
When you connect direct laptop you need to manually assign an ipv4 address to the laptop in the same subnet as the camera. Try connecting directly to a switch that is attached to your network with a known good cable. If it doesnt work after a hard reset its likely toast.

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you connect direct laptop you need to manually assign an ipv4 address to the laptop in the same subnet as the camera. Try connecting directly to a switch that is attached to your network with a known good cable. If it doesnt work after a hard reset its likely toast.
Yes I did all that ( like I said the laptop is set with static IP address of 192.168.1.x), still nothing.

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't know if this is related to the original posters problem, but I have four of the SD49225T cameras in the field. All are set to tour through a series of presets. I have them all set to tour upon power up or idle motion. In the last couple weeks, that has quit. I can log in and manually start the tour, but it will not start on it's own. Other than that they work fine. I tried updating the firmware on them to the latest version but the problem is still there.

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't know if this is related to the original posters problem, but I have four of the SD49225T cameras in the field. All are set to tour through a series of presets. I have them all set to tour upon power up or idle motion. In the last couple weeks, that has quit. I can log in and manually start the tour, but it will not start on it's own. Other than that they work fine. I tried updating the firmware on them to the latest version but the problem is still there.
No not really related. I can not see the camera on network .

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you mean my switch?
My camera came with a huge power adapter, which I have never used.

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia: The updated IEEE 802.3at-2009[6] PoE standard also known as PoE+ or PoE plus, provides up to 25.5 W of power for Type 2 devices.

I have a SD49226T on a Ubiquiti POE+ switch that measures the power delivered on each POE+ port. That camera draws 11.5 to 13.3 watts depending on what the camera is doing at the time.

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia: The updated IEEE 802.3at-2009[6] PoE standard also known as PoE+ or PoE plus, provides up to 25.5 W of power for Type 2 devices.

I have a SD49226T on a Ubiquiti POE+ switch that measures the power delivered on each POE+ port. That camera draws 11.5 to 13.3 watts depending on what the camera is doing at the time.
So you questioned me using 30W adaptor.

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Lets just forget the power requirements. I tried with PC power supply that can deliver 12A, same results.

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ethernet connection pins are clean? There is no sign of water damage?
No they are fine. Camera boots fine with PoE. Last result would be to remove a Ethernet cable from other camera and try it.

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera after boot up briefly shows up on IP scanner with 192.168.1.108 but still can not access it and then connection is dead.