Is my thinking correct regarding HDD's

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a computer setup with Blue Iris
The main OS/Blue Iris drive is a SSD and then I have a 4TB purple drive that the "New", "Stored", and "Alerts" Folders are on.
Then I have a 2TB Green drive that I put another Storage folder on. The green drive was just an extra one I had laying around.

My thinking is that I have all the direct recoding going directly to the purple drive and then after that reaches it limit I have it setup to move the files to the storage folder on the Green drive.
I know the purple drive are made to be continuously written to and green drives are not so will this work as I am thinking so not to have issues with using the green drive? It should only have files being copied to it, not being continuously written to.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would not have the stored folder on the same drive as the new folder. It does nothing to move files to different folders on the same drive.

Other than that it looks good.

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would not have the stored folder on the same drive as the new folder. It does nothing to move files to different folders on the same drive.

Other than that it looks good.
True, I didn't really think of that. I just set the stock folders up in Blue Iris on the purple drive.
So I guess it could just be set to "New" and "Alerts" on the purple drive and then just "Stored" on the Green drive.