is there a Blueiris LPR for dummies chest sheet?

Reaction score
I signed up for license plate recognition with platerecognizer.com, but I am Lost from there

thanks

Reactions: E-Q
Reaction score
so far not one picture that was analyzed by the software had a license plate in it.

they look like this
does the AI have a learning curve? does it need a specialized camera? 06_58_car_TYqHgAL.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so far not one picture that was analyzed by the software had a license plate in it.

they look like this
does the AI have a learning curve? does it need a specialized camera? View attachment 49346
You dont have the proper angle and probably not pixel density. Additionally, at night your camera will not be able to read the plate because of ir reflection. You need to dedicate a camera to lpr. See lpr section. If you cant read the plate, the software cant.

Reaction score
I guess I need a dedicated camera for LPR what is an affordable one that won't break the bank

right now I am trying to pull it from this camera DS-2DF8223I-AELW

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
In addition to having the proper camera setup, (see LPR threads) there seems to be some voodoo/magic involved in setting up BI to use the platerecognizer function. It apparently only sends the 'alert image' to the cloud API, so you need to dial in your trigger settings such that he 'alert image' is most likely to have a plate in it. I find this non-trivial, given the various speeds at which cars move through the scene. Also, tho I have enabled the feature for one of my cams, the web site has yet to show any API calls having been made, tho some of my alert images do actually have plates in them. The BI documentation around this feature is rather sparse... Can anyone who's made this work clarify how to get BI (v 5.0.5.8) to send images to the API? thanx.

Edit: turns out i had misconfigured the country/state field in the BI/trigger config. I had "US/CA" but it want's "US-CA". It was failing SILENTLY to contact the cloud API until I corrected that...

Last edited: