Is there a celing mount bracket compatible with PFA137?

GaretJax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why would you use a PFA137 when using a ceiling mount? Very unusual use scenario.
I am playing around with framing my picture and FOV. It seems the best install point is about 1.5 feet below the ceiling. Wiring through the ceiling is far easier than the vertical wall. I was thinking of using a ceiling mount to bridge that 1.5 foot gap and not have to fight through the wall into the ceiling.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can understand your aversion to running cable through the wall.

Have you considered using a PFB203W and running a conduit up the wall to the ceiling?

I reckon that would look neater.

GaretJax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Have you considered using a PFB203W and running a conduit up the wall to the ceiling?

I have actually. That is my current plan, but wanted to see if there were other options and figured a ceiling mount + a junction box would work too.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have actually. That is my current plan, but wanted to see if there were other options and figured a ceiling mount + a junction box would work too.
A bit of a Frankenstein solution if you ask me.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z
are cheap cameras and probably don't warrant manufacturing a decent looking ceiling mount. If looks don't matter could easily knock something up with mild steel.

GaretJax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A bit of a Frankenstein solution if you ask me.
I have seen some ceiling mount solutions that look really nice. Either way if I have the wire from the ceiling outside of the wall, then I will have a bit of an eyesore. I absolutely want this to look nice which is why I am looking at other options. I have a PFB203W in hand and have been looking at it aesthetically and found it wanting. This is especially true since it would be attaching to a stone face. I believe I would have to paint the mount and the camera shell to be stone coloured to match a little better. I would also need to cover the exposed cable with a cable concealer kit (something like this) and paint it the same colour.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z are cheap cameras and probably don't warrant manufacturing a decent looking ceiling mount.
At $170 are these really cheap cameras? I know cameras go into the hundreds and > $1000, but those seems to be specialty cameras more than main stream ones.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

GaretJax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Maybe I missed a suggestion here. What did you have in mind with a "conduit"?