Is there a "debug mode" in BI5 to determine what specifically caused a motion trigger?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know if I did this right but from the substream image this is what 50 pixels of travel would look like...it's quite a bit if the object is supposed to travel 50 pixels into Zone C before it triggers. Again, I don't know if I did this right.

1658958460253.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Why not move Zone C back into the driveway a little more to say where that first line is in the concrete?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Why not move Zone C back into the driveway a little more to say where that first line is in the concrete?
The reason for putting it so close was to get alerts as soon as possible to get the PTZ to swing around sooner. The PTZ seems to be a bit late at times.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
That worked as expected, now just fine tune until that detection cause's a trigger.
Part of the problem is that with these debug settings it NEVER triggers like it triggered originally. I have to single step BI through the frames at the 1/4 speed to get it to show the triggered event (orange rectangle). At actual speed where it's using the substream or not or if it's in high-def or not it doesn't trigger in real time. That's why I asked how to go about debugging this.

1658960214794.png

The only time you'll see the orange rectangle is if you 1/4 step through the frames.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
These two rules, in the Dahua T5442T-ZE being used, are taking too long to trigger when a vehicle drives onto the driveway. And, since this cam is a spotter for a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR I was experimenting with BI5 motion detection rules to see if I could get an earlier trigger to whip that PTZ around to the driveway quicker. Normally, the PTZ is looking at the front side of the house.

1658961960334.png

1658962009587.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Got it. So is it any faster with BI's detection?

Can you up the speed at which the PTZ moves any more? Or is it just off to a bad start by the time that it gets the call?

I have a little piddly PTZ doing the same thing and it gets on target quick. I've not noticed any delay using the IVS triggers but obviously it's a different scene, rules, and all.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Got it. So is it any faster with BI's detection?

Can you up the speed at which the PTZ moves any more? Or is it just off to a bad start by the time that it gets the call?

I have a little piddly PTZ doing the same thing and it gets on target quick. I've not noticed any delay using the IVS triggers but obviously it's a different scene, rules, and all.
Yes, the BI motion detection triggers a little sooner than the tripwire/intrusion zone of the cams. I know the PTZ can't be expected to whip around in 0 secs but I was just experimenting to see if I could get it there sooner by having the cam trigger sooner.

Here is when the cam IVS triggers:

1658966544232.png

Here is when the PTZ completes it's rotation after the IVS trigger.

1658966311987.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, you've got a short runway. Not much time for anything to turn and get there.