Is there a decent online guide for Hikvision bullet camera setup using a Mac Book Pro

Reaction score
I have the basic hardware I should need (i.e. usable router, injector, ethernet cables). I have successfully set up Foscam cameras (their tutorial videos are easy to understand, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for Hikvision).

The CD supplied with the camera is a mini-CD I cannot use, and I don't know what software to download from Hikvision in order to set up the camera to record via motion detection and send images to my e-mail.

Is there a simple, step-by-step installation guide that anyone can recommend?

Thank you.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Re: Is there a decent online guide for Hikvision bullet camera setup using a Mac Book

Install iVMS-4200 for Mac

Install Firefox for Mac

That will get you started.

Reaction score
Re: Is there a decent online guide for Hikvision bullet camera setup using a Mac Book

Thank you for responding.

But how would those installations help? And is there an installation guide that does more than get me started?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Thank you for responding.

But how would those installations help? And is there an installation guide that does more than get me started?
Welcome to the forum. There is not much to it. Only thing you need to do first is use hikvision SADP software available on their site to change the cameras ip address to match your routers subnet.
Then log into the interface and its pretty much self explanatory. There is a user guide here.

http://overseas.hikvision.com//uploadfile/image/20150119024136900.PDF

Reaction score

There is not much to it. Only thing you need to do first is use hikvision SADP software available on their site to change the cameras ip address to match your routers subnet.
The SADP software on their site is only available to Windows users. The listed alternative software (iVMS-4200) was downloaded to my Mac (OS X 10.9.5) but when I try to open it I get a message saying there is no application available to open it - and I cannot find any information on where such an application might be or how to get it.

Thanks for your help, but are there any other ideas to get started?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

The SADP software on their site is only available to Windows users. The listed alternative software (iVMS-4200) was downloaded to my Mac (OS X 10.9.5) but when I try to open it I get a message saying there is no application available to open it - and I cannot find any information on where such an application might be or how to get it.

Thanks for your help, but are there any other ideas to get started?
The alternative is to simply change the ip address of the pc to match the hikvision default subnet. Connect the camera and pc to a switch (nothing else attached) and change the ip address. You only have to do this once.

Reaction score

The alternative is to simply change the ip address of the pc to match the hikvision default subnet.
I am not using a pc.
Connect the camera and pc to a switch (nothing else attached) and change the ip address. You only have to do this once.
What do you mean by "a switch"?

Incidentally, when I connect the camera to the router and connect the power cord, the camera body gets warm but nothing lights up and the router device display does not show that I added anything. Does this mean I have a dud camera?

Reaction score

As above,

Step 1) "Install iVMS-4200 for Mac" - http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_84.html

It has SADPtool built in (under Device Management).
Thank you, but as I noted in a previous post:

"The listed alternative software (iVMS-4200) was downloaded to my Mac (OS X 10.9.5) but when I try to open it I get a message saying there is no application available to open it - and I cannot find any information on where such an application might be or how to get it."

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Oh man... Mac users... crazy. I really don't know what you guys use your Macs for! BTW I have a MacBook Pro luckily.

http://www.unrarx.com/

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

It's a PC WORLD... thank GOD!!!