Is there a good small camera for front and rear doors?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Soon, I'm about to install mine and I have one of these sensor lights there, and a Ring doorbell as well.
With something like this, it would look so much cleaner.

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd tend to put the turret above the door close to the wall and rotate it to be vertical. That should help with reflections off of those pillars, this would be a considerably narrower fov than what you drew. You might want to do the camera above the door first and wait a little before you install one at face height.

You could probably put more than 1 camera on the porch roof, it'd be easier than drilling into brick / mortar. Is there any way to access the 'balcony' (doesn't look like it) or is it just a way of dressing up the porch roof?
Do you move the camera so that it position vertically or you use software to flip the image 90 degrees?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you move the camera so that it position vertically or you use software to flip the image 90 degrees?
You rotate the camera inside it's housing 90 and change in the software settings so it looks right.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there any camera on the market in similar physical form factor but with higher resolution (i.e. 4mp) and still darkfighter or Starlight?