Is there a good small camera for front and rear doors?

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is surprisingly small, about the size of the palm of my hand.

FullSizeRender(20).jpg

Joe

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I presume the camera can be manually aimed in the dome?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Two torx screws , remove the cover and then move the camera to the position you need. In the controls you can rotate , flip , mirror, etc. the image.

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Coincidentally I too took the above recommendation and received it this afternoon - I took a few of photos of it next to a 4830. The diameter is close if not equal -- the height is what differentiates it from the turret. Ready to paint the cover so it blends in a bit!

Attachments

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like a great cam for a door, esp a front door (where presumably, aesthetics are a factor)!
- Low profile....
- Built in mic (nice for a door cam, when a high performance powered external mic may be overkill)
- Starlight (as mentioned in this thread, but that didn't jump out at me when I reviewed the Dahua spec sheet, link above) (Q: is it really Starlight?)
- Smart detect (IVS) optional
- 2.8, 3.6 and 6 mm lens

Brian Martin, thanks for the pics! The soda can and camera seem to be quite close, maybe "BFF" now. Don't leave them alone together. Unless you want a litter of littler cams....

Fastb

Last edited:

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SuperServer - the overall movement is a bit like a turret, but officially: Pan:0˚~60˚; Tilt:0˚~80˚; Rotation:0˚~360˚

Here is the install, freshly painted! The FOV, and picture / clarity is amazing compared to the camera it replaced.

Attachments

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SuperServer - the overall movement is a bit like a turret, but officially: Pan:0˚~60˚; Tilt:0˚~80˚; Rotation:0˚~360˚

Here is the install, freshly painted! The FOV, and picture / clarity is amazing compared to the camera it replaced.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be putting this by my front door.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

If you dont mind me asking what's the price from Andy for one of those
Tried looking an AE but search doesn't return any results at all.

I like the idea in the kids room especially with the mic

DuncanMcDonuts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking what's the price from Andy for one of those
Tried looking an AE but search doesn't return any results at all.

I like the idea in the kids room especially with the mic
Andy charged me $110 per, and I bought one for my front door and one for the back door. I ordered them based on nayr's recommendation for a more aesthetically pleasing camera at the door. I intend to mount it about 5' height, which is about 1' above the doorbell. I just need to find a contractor to wire my camera locations.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
lets see some caps please! with as wide as these bitches are I think lot of ppl gonna need corridor mode

Those MiniWedges IMHO are the best indoor camera you can get, excellent image in all lighting conditions, discrete, great audio pickup, wall to wall coverage.. They would work okay outside but be prepared to deal with all the shit domes throw at you.. reflections, uv degradation, bugs.. it is a compromise outside, and front door at head height is really only place I could justify it.

I have a local friend I'm trying to convince to actually mount to his front door, he's in a townhome (HOA) and they wont let him mount any cameras to the facade but we think we have a loophole because he owns the physical door

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
T
Andy charged me $110 per, and I bought one for my front door and one for the back door. I ordered them based on nayr's recommendation for a more aesthetically pleasing camera at the door. I intend to mount it about 5' height, which is about 1' above the doorbell. I just need to find a contractor to wire my camera locations.
Thanks you much appreciated

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
lets see some caps please! with as wide as these bitches are I think lot of ppl gonna need corridor mode

Those MiniWedges IMHO are the best indoor camera you can get, excellent image in all lighting conditions, discrete, great audio pickup, wall to wall coverage.. They would work okay outside but be prepared to deal with all the shit domes throw at you.. reflections, uv degradation, bugs.. it is a compromise outside, and front door at head height is really only place I could justify it.

I have a local friend I'm trying to convince to actually mount to his front door, he's in a townhome (HOA) and they wont let him mount any cameras to the facade but we think we have a loophole because he owns the physical door
The dome on this camera almost feels like a high impact glass. I wonder if it is or if it is just really good plastic ??