Is there a way to delete clips, en masse?

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a friend that I installed Bi for and he's a long distance truck driver. When he gets home he sometimes has an overwhelming number of clips to delete for the time he's been on the road.

Is there a way to delete them en masse, with a few keystrokes?

Thanks

Bob T.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By camera:
  • Scroll to first (earliest) clip, click on it.
  • Scroll to last (latest) clip, and while holding down <SHIFT> key, click on it. This will highlight all the clips.
  • Press <DEL> (Delete) key.
  • When asked if sure, click on "Yes".
I don't advise going into any BI folders.

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
He can even create a batch file, put in scheduled tasks.

I have one on my FTP server that runs daily and deletes files that are 30 days or older.
I never have to manually delete old alerts anymore.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By camera:
  • Scroll to first (earliest) clip, click on it.
  • Scroll to last (latest) clip, and while holding down <SHIFT> key, click on it. This will highlight all the clips.
  • Press <DEL> (Delete) key.
  • When asked if sure, click on "Yes".
I don't advise going into any BI folders.
EDIT: BTW, @injunear ,
Once you have selected all the clips you want to delete using the above method (click first clip, hold down <SHIFT> and click on last clip) and you decide there is ONE or more clips in the middle of all those clips that are now highlighted that you do NOT want to delete, just hold down the <CNTRL> key (NOT the <SHIFT>) and click on it or even others one at a time on the clips you do NOT want to delete ALL THE WHILE holding down the <CNTRL> key and they will be UN-highlighted. Then proceed to hit the <DEL> key as mentioned above, answer "Yes", etc.

This has been a feature of Windows Explorer for a long, long time...probably since 3.0 in the early 90's, I dunno. Maybe not as long as <CNTRL-C> (Copy) and <CNTRL-V (Paste).

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's Windows and I had a eureka moment the first time you posted it. Don't know why I didn't try that to begin with. Brain dead I guess....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Brain dead I guess....
I certainly wasn't implying that. Besides, you'd be surprised how many folks that have been using Windows for umpteen years STILL don't know about copy & paste, so the lesser known shift-click/control-click is certainly understandable.

Perhaps also this tidbit of info will assist others that are relatively new to Windows.

tai4de2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can also click on the first clip then hold down shift and use the up/down arrows. When the ones you want are highlighted, hit the delete key.

I find not using the mouse can sometimes be easier, e.g. using the down arrow will also perform scrolling while doing the highlighting.