Is There a Way to Recover a HV Dome That Has No Reset?

dblee50

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a DS-2CD2132-I dome that had been working well until I had issues with my uverse gateway. Before I realized I had gateway problems, some of my static IPs had stopped dropping off of the status page of the uverse modem. Using the utility that came with camera, SADP the camera was initially listing and I attempted to reset IP to another static IP to see if it would post and things went south from there. End result is uverse continued to degrade and I lost several cameras (not only posting on SADP but eventually thru direct IP addressing on computer. NVR lost pics too. A few days later I received new gateway and installed. Everything came back but the dome camera. I have tried everything I know to recover to no avail. There is no reset button on camera or inside as I have disassembled to see if there was something on a board. There is no button. I've pinged last known IPs assigned and what I was trying to assign and there is nothing. Is it lost, dead or does anyone know of a procedure to recover inside? Any help appreciated. thx

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've pinged last known IPs assigned and what I was trying to assign and there is nothing
If SADP can't see it, (make 100% sure of your connections) then it could be the end of the road.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
For SADP to work there has to be a reasonable amount of functionality active in the camera.
It might be worth trying the 'de-bricking process' using TFTP, which only requires a very basic network config in the camera.
But before setting up the TFTP server and the firmware, there is something simple to try.

First of all - does the LAN status LED light show on the new router when the camera is powered on?
If so, good.
Set your PC with a fixed IP address (not via the router) of 192.0.0.128 with 255.255.255.0 subnet mask.
Ensure both the PC and camera are plugged in to the same switch or router.
At a command prompt on the PC, ping 192.0.0.128 to ensure your PC is responding at that specific address.
At the same command prompt, use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64' and power on the camera.
Check for any responses, power off the camera, and power on again a couple of times.
If you do get any ping responses, there is at least some functionality remaining in the camera, and it may respond to the standard de-bricking process:
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?692-What-is-the-de-bricking-process-for-HIKVision-camera-and-NVR-firmware-updates&highlight=de-bricking

dblee50

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I setup another computer with static IP as you suggested. I took another good camera and reset it, went through the steps you outlined and it pinged as expected, lights on switch, etc. I then took the dome camera and hooked it in the same way. No lights on switch, nothing. Although there is a light inside the camera on a board there is no activity. Pinging produced nothing. At this point, I'll chalk this up to a bad experience. I have no idea how it could have just gone bad like that, but it did. At least with my other cams, they all have reset buttons and have come in quite handy. Again, thanks for the help.