Is this a Gold Buy : Help?

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I only ask as I cannot secure some of these great deals some folks are reporting.. or should I just go with Newegg? Lots of options there.

In my mind I see me needing newer i7. Hefty RAM. Obviously a good start on HDDS and room for more.

Plans will be about 8 cameras running to their potential, BI and plans to add LPR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You want Windows pro to have more control over updates..

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman. Decent deal otherwise? I'll see if they will upgrade OS...

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
530 shipped.

OptiPlex 7040 Mini Tower Computer

Intel i7-6700 CPU
16 GB RAM
250GB SSD Boot Drive
2TB Secondary Hard Drive (empty)
Windows 10 Professional
Includes new Keyboard and Mouse
Dell Service Tag : 499KGB2
One Year Dell Warranty through August 2017

Done. Thank you for all your help fenderman.

The previous seller would not include pro. Ended up winning this auction instead. Much better for me... I'll get a bigger drive when a deal comes around.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same PC setup with a 256GB SSD (windows) and a 2TB purple in the second bay and it works great. Got mine from Dell directly. I'm running 8 cams and it barely ever reaches 20-23% CPU usage (BI version 4.4.2.0). Fine machine.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome
. I am so glad to hear that! It seems to be on a very slow trip from Texas ... so I've been researching, day dreaming and trying to think of how to set it up.

Maybe this will have a purple drive!?? Does not specify.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even a typo, the never before seen 22TB Purple drive.

Next week I'll see but yes... it will work. Have a deal alert set for a purple drive at slickdeals. I don't think I need weeks of storage but I do intend to record 24/7 with high resolution and framerate.

curado

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just paid more than that for a refurbished optiplex i5-6500T so I would say you are doing pretty good at $410 ($510 shipped).

The only downside, at least in my case, is that it's actually faster than my desktop computer. It was tempting to swap it out and make it my main computer. I7.... droool :)

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got to say, I'm giddy. I had been watching many auctions. One was far less equipped on the storage side and sold for more. I think I got a steal. Glad I did not let it get away.