Is this a good camera position layout?

TXPE

n3wb
Reaction score
Attached is a proposed camera layout for our office. It includes site distances and proposed Dahua models (IPC-HDW5231R-Z and IPC-HFW5231E-Z12).

According to the owner, camera locations 1, 2, 6, and 13 are the most important.
1, 6, and 13 are on gates.
2 will hopefully capture driver/passenger in outgoing vehicle.

One, of several, concerns are the camera locations where I'm trying pick up people and/or vehicles at varying distances.

[Edit] Do you agree with Dahua models selected for the locations?
Should I go with higher MP models for any location?

I will be buying new i7-7700 based computer running Blue Iris.

Thanks,
Doug

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Doug,

Looks like you have done a lot of planning! Good job.

I would recommend getting one camera and testing the locations for their view before completing the cabling.

TXPE

n3wb
Reaction score
I have to spend money before end of year. So, I need to buy all of the cameras now. Ideally, I would be 1-2 to test first, but I don't have time.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have to spend money before end of year. So, I need to buy all of the cameras now. Ideally, I would be 1-2 to test first, but I don't have time.
Hi TXPE,

OK, off hand it looks like it should work well, they're all good varifocal cameras. Remember the junction boxes. I like the PFA121 for the Bullet cameras. There's a new model for the turrets - PFA130E iirc - look for that thread.

Double check with the IPVM calculator.

TXPE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm in such a rush, I haven't even thought about junction boxes. Thanks. I guess I need to look a little more carefully as to how they mount and what is needed.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm in such a rush, I haven't even thought about junction boxes. Thanks. I guess I need to look a little more carefully as to how they mount and what is needed.
Just get one of the Dahua junction boxes when you order the cameras from Andy. There is a newer weatherproof one, but I don't think he has them in stock now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk