Is this a reflection/glare? Any idea how to get rid of it?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is a white blob just to the right of the pillar by the sidewalk. It only shows up in color mode at night. I assume it is some type of reflection as it only happens at night and this cam runs in color mode 24x7. The porch light is to the left of both pillars. So it's out of view to the left, from the cams perspective.

1513384392221.jpg

Notice in black and white mode the white blob is not there.

1513384576299.jpg

Any ideas? Not a huge deal but I see it every night so just curious really.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting, definitely looks like some sort of reflection.

I normally see something like that as the sun goes down on a camera or 2.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting, definitely looks like some sort of reflection.

I normally see something like that as the sun goes down on a camera or 2.
Yea it stays like that all night I believe. I don't see anything when looking with just my eyes at the same area. I attempted to clean the lens and it mad 0 difference.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like reflection, does your neighbor across the street keep their light on all night?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like reflection, does your neighbor across the street keep their light on all night?
No. They have to manually turn on their lights so sometimes they are off until they get home. I think they have kept them off a night or two at one point, probably when they were out of town. I'll try to keep an eye out to see if it happens when thier light is off.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well it's not my neighbors lights. In pretty sure it's from my porch light hitting the lens. I'll see if u can verify when I go look at it again here in a bit.

1513470477596.jpg

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
lol i was mesmerized by the charger parked out the front :love:
I take it they don't have them in your neck of the woods. They are a dime a dozen here. Doesn't really do anything for me personally lol.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
If it's not the light from the neighbor to the right in the image then that is puzzling.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it's not the light from the neighbor to the right in the image then that is puzzling.
Well I went outside and put a hand over my porchlight on the side of the light that faces the cam and sure enough the glare went away. I think the light is directly hitting the cameras lens.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
where is a charger in this shot?.. am i blind?
Good catch. It's actually a Challenger. I noticed this morning when seeing that the grill said Challenger this morning and remembering that the Charger was reborn as a 4 door car (4 door muscle car? Oxy moron). I had forgot about that until now. I thought about coming on here and correcting @marku2 but then I forgot.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you seen the 4 door porches? A part of me died the first time one of those drove by me.
I guess I don't have much room to talk. I own a 4 door car with a turbo (focus st). But hey I couldn't afford a true race car and a family car haha. Had to compromise. I have one car seat and one booster seat in the back and I'm ready fo4 a truck. Maybe one day....