Is this Connection Correct for HDW4436C Non POE IP Cam

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My first non poe camera is HDW4436C. I connected a poe splitter at the camera end, plugged the other end of orange cat5E into powered poe switch (compliant at/af), see attached photos.
Camera is not being powered up. Is cable connections correct?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My first non poe camera is HDW4436C. I connected a poe splitter at the camera end, plugged the other end of orange cat5E into powered poe switch (compliant at/af), see attached photos.
Camera is not being powered up. Is cable connections correct?
You are using the wrong kind of poe splitter, that is a passive splitter. Since you are using it with an 802.3 poe switch you need something like this. Amazon.com: TP-Link Gigabit Ethernet PoE Splitter Adapter (TL-PoE10R): Electronics

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received and installed the TP Link POE Splitter Adapter (TL-Poe10R). There seems to be a problem.
When I connect the Poe Splitter at the POE switch end, the video freezes after a few seconds, then goes back to normal when ever it feels like, but then again freezes...it's a cycle that just repeats itself.
The green LED light on the POE switch blinks slow (I can tell just viewing by the blinking rate of the LED the video will freeze), the orange LED on the POE switch remains on solid. There is a photo of POE switch I am using on OP.
If I connect POE Splitter Adapter at camera end, there is no problem. Video comes on with no problem and the green LED at the POE switch blinks fast just as all the other green LEDs on the POE switch.

I would rather have the POE Splitter at the POE switch end and not at the camera because at the camera end the POE Splitter Adapter would be in the attic.
Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The splitter must be connected at the camera end that's the point of it what you are doing makes no sense

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received and installed the TP Link POE Splitter Adapter (TL-Poe10R). There seems to be a problem.
When I connect the Poe Splitter at the POE switch end, the video freezes after a few seconds, then goes back to normal when ever it feels like, but then again freezes...it's a cycle that just repeats itself.
The green LED light on the POE switch blinks slow (I can tell just viewing by the blinking rate of the LED the video will freeze), the orange LED on the POE switch remains on solid. There is a photo of POE switch I am using on OP.
If I connect POE Splitter Adapter at camera end, there is no problem. Video comes on with no problem and the green LED at the POE switch blinks fast just as all the other green LEDs on the POE switch.

I would rather have the POE Splitter at the POE switch end and not at the camera because at the camera end the POE Splitter Adapter would be in the attic.
Any suggestions, thanks in advance.
Do you think the TPL POE Splitter would survive behind a Soffit? It won't get wet but temperatures probably go to extremes from below freezing to probably over 100 degrees.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think the TPL POE Splitter would survive behind a Soffit? It won't get wet but temperatures probably go to extremes from below freezing to probably over 100 degrees.
Only one way to find out...