Is*this*PTZ*a*good*deal?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think any of these no name cameras are a good deal....the low end ptz often have focus issues among other problems..if it fails you have a $350 doorstop...

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd be interested too. Hopefully someone will order one and give a review on it.

I have two Poker 10x PTZ cameras that I ordered last year and have been happy with them. They can be a little slow to focus sometimes but for the price I paid of about $240 each including shipping, I can wait 10 seconds for them to focus on an object when zooming in or zooming out. :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks like a pice of crap to me... esp when you consider anything quality in comparison is nearly twice the price..

If you really think you need a PTZ go look at what Dahua is offering, I paid $600 for my 12x PTZ and its lightning fast.. takes fractions of a second to focus.. its been installed for a year now and shows no signs of slowing down.. I am 100% satisfied with it and I have installed and operated PTZ's 4-5x the cost, so I know what to expect from quality.

unlike a normal china knockoff camera, a PTZ has a few huge things you need to recognize: Huge price tag, your going to spend $400 on a what if but $600 is too much for a sure thing with local warranty? Its not some cheap $50 camera that you can afford to be near worthless.. you'll be out a ton of money if it dont work the way you think it does... and most importantly, unlike normal china knockoff cameras these have moving parts.. something with moving parts cant run forever, it will fail sooner or later... and since its a too good to be true china special, its not hard to imagine sooner being the only logical outcome.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can get roughly the same from aliexpress.com for under $300 anyway. Heck, drop it to 1.3mp and right there on ebay you can get 1.3mp with 20x optical zoom for $230. But I agree completely that it will be garbage compared to something for $500+ from Dahua or Hikvision.