Is this the correct way to link switches?

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Attached is the picture of what I have setup. I am just wondering if this was the way you connect 2 switches together?

And since we are here, does everything else look like its set up right? Wasn't exactly sure if they had to be in specific spots or not.

Attachments

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with @biggen, it will work. However, I would pull the interlink cable to the uplink port of the 2nd switch. Not that it will change much (because you only have one camera on switch #2), but if you would attach more stuff, it would matter qua performance (uplinks are often not QoS'ed nor does the switch need to remember which MACs are connected behind the port). Plus qua esthetics, I'd shift the holster for cable 8 back into position.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should work as configured.
Where is NVR or BI PC connected ?
Local security video never goes through the router, when traveling between the camera and the storage device.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Local security video never goes through the router, when traveling between the camera and the storage device.
bottom switch, top row, port to the fartherest right. (blue arrow pointing it out from above. don't feel bad, I really had to look for it too)

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. Good suggestion on moving the switch link to the uplink port on the 2nd switch.

I know the pic can be kind of confusing. Did the best to label the ports

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The NVR is connected to the switch. Bottom switch, top row, all the way to the right.