Issue recording to Synology

Reaction score
BI 4.4.x user
Cameras are all setup and zones are configured - object detection turned off. (no hotspots)
Have the DB path local on the machine BI is installed on.
New/Stored/Alerts are all pathed to a Syn DS+ NAS. Problem is, I can't get BI to write to any of the folders on said NAS.
-Am on win10
-Have the Shared folder on the Syn mapped to X:\ locally using a user that has full admin/R/RW to that share folder.
-Can create/modify/delete files/folders using win explorer on the BI machine so perms seem good to go.

Not sure where to go from here?

Appreciate the help

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Made the assumption that running as a service corresponds with "you are doing it wrong, stop doing it wrong" so I disabled that.
Still no luck writing to the share.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Made the assumption that running as a service corresponds with "you are doing it wrong, stop doing it wrong" so I disabled that.
Still no luck writing to the share.
its not wrong, there are special instructions for nas when running as a service, see help file.

Reaction score
So the part in question from the help:
Note however, that if you are running Blue Iris as a service, you may not be able to use the "LocalSystem" account if your Stored clips folder is located on a network drive; instead, you must use a named user account, and give that account rights to the network resource.
Specified above though that I created a user on the Syn with full access to the shared folder in question and that I mapped the folder on the BI box using the Syn user credentials and am not able to get BI to write here.
Re-enabled BI as a service.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would email support...instead of a mapped drive try pointing it directly to the nas

Ch0ppa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no issues with the "Stored" folder on a Synology NAS (DS412+) BUT...

1. I don't run BI as a service
2. I use the network path \\192.168.1.xxx\cctv\BlueIris
3. My "New" & "Alerts" folders are on the local drive
4. I am running Windows Server 2012

Reaction score
Got back from traveling and was able to resolve this.
1. Could not make it work when running as a service
2. Would only accept the path as \\192.168.X.X\dir. Mapping the directory as a drive letter did not work nor did mapping the folder as a share.
3. Moved to an i7-6700 and cpu is now below 15% while writing clips