Issue with Amcrest POE camera only working through an injector and not a POE switch

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have 5 cameras, three of which are POE and two that are wireless. The Dahua and Reolink work fine plugged into the Gigabit powered POE switch but ever since I've had the cameras, the Amcrest POE camera, it will only work if it's plugged into my TP-Link injector. No matter which port I tired to plug it into on the Gigibit switch, it would never power up. It might not be the exact model number but it's something very similar to the Amcrest IP2M-844EW (see attached).

So, the problem I'm having is that the TP-Link sporadically knocks the Amcrest camera offline and I have to pull the plug on the injector to reset the camera and sometimes, it won't reset. I'm just looking to get a new powered PoE switch that can handle all 3 POE cameras so I can ditch the injector. Question is, shouldn't the Amcrest work through a powered POE switch as the others do or for some strange reason, do I have to stay with an injector for that one?

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The amcrest camera should work in the POE switch. Plug the amcrest camera into the POE switch, unplug all the other cameras. Power down the switch for 1 minute, power the switch backup and test.

If the camera works, the cameras are drawing more power than is provided by the switch.
What Make and model number of the POE switch and all the cameras plug into the switch/