Issue with POE Switch

crazyhorse

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm have two Hikvision Mini Bullet cameras(DS-2CD2042WD-1) that I'm trying to connect to my Synology NAS through a TP Link POE Desktop switch(TL-SG1008P). I have one camera hooked up and working properly. When I an trying to connect the second camera, I am not able to find it on the SADP software. I have tried many tests to check if the switch is good, the cable is good, and the camera is good. Everything seems to be working, I just can't locate the camera with the SADP software when connected to the TP-Link switch through POE. Just to check, I tried connecting one camera through the switch and the other through a TP-Link POE injector, and was able to find the camera on the SADP software and had it working no problem. It seems the problem is when 2 cameras are hooked up to the POE switch that it only finds one. Is there some kind of setting or something that I need to change? Please help!

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Set separate static IP addresses for each camera. While doing this, make sure only one is plugged in at a time.

crazyhorse

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried static IP addresses and it didn't make a difference. I did the Ethernet cable myself and i'm no pro. I found something that said the wiring should be orange-white, orange, blue-white, blue, green-white, green, brown-white, brown. I later found that most people say use T568-B which switched the green-white with the blue-white. Would this make a difference? Shouldn't it work if both ends have the same wire configuration, no mater what the configuration is?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Recrimp the ends using the - B format. Yes it matters. Be extra careful when making ends. You can try a pre-built cable first to see if that works then you'll know, but i usually will replace 1 or both ends first if i have an issue immediately after making a cable

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried static IP addresses and it didn't make a difference. I did the Ethernet cable myself and i'm no pro. I found something that said the wiring should be orange-white, orange, blue-white, blue, green-white, green, brown-white, brown. I later found that most people say use T568-B which switched the green-white with the blue-white. Would this make a difference? Shouldn't it work if both ends have the same wire configuration, no mater what the configuration is?
as stated it makes a huge difference, its all about interference...recrimp the other cable that you think is working...its likely dropping packets...lots of threads discussing this issue..