Hello

I dont know if i am posting at the right section

please i have a Sricam -spot14 wireless

My connection

Cat5 cable from the Camera to my router LAN
Another Cat5 cable from my router LAN to my PC-Window 7
So the Cam and my PC sit on same LAN
My PC ip 192.168.88 234,my cam 192.168.88.254

Everything work fine ,can view on my laptop ,also Phones connected to the router are also working.

However, the wireless is my challenge

on the network settings, I cannot save anything,nothing is clickable , it blank mode .any one have this same challenge and how did you resolve it please?

Second question
The wireless antenna serve what purpose?
Is it to the connect the cam and router without cable?
or is it to connect cam directly to my witless devices like laptop, phones etc?

Thanks

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, the antenna is to connect the camera to your WiFi router so that its on your network without having to run a cable to it.

Provided you gave the camera the login credentials to your wifi, it should connect automatically when you unplug the cable, but at a different ip address.

Note that when you unplug the cable from the camera to the router and the camera connects to the WiFi, the ip address will change. It'll have one for wireless and one for when it's plugged into the cable.

I would suggest keeping it connected with a cable if you're able.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have just setup four Sricam cams, I found that it was easyer to set up on the pc to set the wifi up. Then just put them in place and control from phone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just setup four Sricam cams, I found that it was easyer to set up on the pc to set the wifi up. Then just put them in place and control from phone.
If you can still return them do so... Sricam is complete junk

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I agree. Return if you can.

Although my only experience with them is this crappy 1/4 megapixel wifi camera... But it was my very first cam to get mt feet wet (bought knowing it was crappy... "only" $20 on Craigslist) and literally just watches my barn door so i know if i remember to close it.

I will say thou, it is nice having a WiFi camera around. I BARELY get a WiFi signal in my new chicken coop and while I'm waiting for my direct burial cat5e to get here to hook up a proper chicken cam, i threw the sricam in the coop to watch the day old chicks.

To give you an idea, the camera is 5 ft from the wall.

Attachments