Issues after Hikvision NVR Flash

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I decided to flash new firmware to my DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR to see if I could improve browser compatibility. The flash went well and I put in 3.4.3 160822 without issues.

The NVR now boots up and is fully functional, but I'm getting the NO LINK message for each camera. I haven't a clue of where to start to get these cameras working again.

Can anyone help with this?

I called HIKVISION and the support person told me that my serial indicates that my NVR is not made in the US nor marketed for the US market and that she can't help me, which to me is absolutely incomprehensible. She has no way of knowing to which region/country my unit belongs to.

I bought this through Amazon in the US from a company called "Netview Solutions LLC". Their domain is no longer active and their phone number is disconnected. They still have some products left on their Amazon storefront: NetView @ Amazon.com:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If anyone finds this using Google, I discovered that PoE was completely turned off.

Go to Menu -> Cameras Setup - PoE Information and select PoE-af on all ports currently in use. That should fix it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that - it may help others.

I called HIKVISION and the support person told me that my serial indicates that my NVR is not made in the US nor marketed for the US market and that she can't help me, which to me is absolutely incomprehensible. She has no way of knowing to which region/country my unit belongs to.
That's the typical all-too-common very unhelpful response that does their brand no good at all.
And really highlights how helpful the members of this forum are.
But the Hikvision Tech Support is only doing what they are instructed to do.

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I agree and I explained the point to them. The call was being recorded and the support technician told me that she was going to send the recording higher up. No idea if she will do it.

I told them that they should make a better effort at cracking down on people selling their stuff without their consent because to the customer (me), Hikvision is Hikvision, regardless of who sells me the equipment. The other thing that I found appalling was that they have no way of telling where serials are from if they're not US-based equipment. All they see is a "non-US" mark on the serial I provided.

mr_guns

n3wb
Reaction score
The other thing that I found appalling was that they have no way of telling where serials are from if they're not US-based equipment. All they see is a "non-US" mark on the serial I provided.
This is why I'm glad I found this site. I've been doing research now trying to find a DS-7716NI-I4/16P and almost bought one last night. Now I'm holding off so I can read more to try and make sure I get a US version that the company will support the software.
Scratching my head!

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually, net view came through. They replied to my email and gave me the files I needed. It's slow, but they reply.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk