Issues saving and retaining changes for masked area in zones.

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a fairly new Blue Iris install, running the latest version as a service on Win10 Pro. Files are saved to a dedicated WD 4TB Purple drive. I am tweaking the masked areas in Use Zones and Hot Spots page to try and reduce false alarms. I get the tweaks done to my satisfaction I click the ok's and the camera restarts. Test my changes and things are working as desired. After I reboot the system and when Blue Iris comes back up it no longer has the zone changes that I made earlier, it has reverted back to previous settings for the masked areas. The reboot can be immediate or many hours later the same thing happens.

This problem is only happening with the masked area settings.

It is not a consistent problem. Some changes have been saved but I do not know why or how that save occurred.

I have had this happen multiple times. I have tried exporting the settings for the camera before restarting the system but the changes were not exported. I have tried exporting all settings but the changes were not exported.

I have deleted the cameras and re-created them from scratch and still have the same problem.

How can I make sure that these changes are saved?
Where are the settings saved to/at?

It seems like the changes are in memory but are not always being saved to the appropriate location.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris has not had a masked area for a long time.. rather you mark the motion area... what version are you running?

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My apologies, yes motion area is what I meant.
Version 4.7.6.13 x64. This update was installed yesterday and the issue started happening before the update and is still happening.

Edit: fix readability.

Last edited: