Issues setting up HikVison NVR not detecting camera.

devs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I wondered if someone could help me..? I've got a DS-7604NI-E1 that I've just with no issues in a previous property. I've just gone to set this up in a new house with one new camera...

The NVR seems to still list the 4 old cameras that were used on it and it does not detect the new one that is plugged into port 1.

I have tried to delete the old cams from the list but it returns the error "does not support delete operation" Trust this is because its looking for the old cams that are nolonger attached.

What can I do to resolve? Is there a way to default the NVR back to factory?

Any help would be appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried to delete the old cams from the list but it returns the error "does not support delete operation"
You can't delete the channels associated with the PoE ports, but you can 'Modify' them.

If the (unspecified) new camera isn't found automatically when the NVR channel is set to 'Plug&Play', there are various possibilities:
The new camera is not 'activated' and the NVR firmware is old enough to not support camera activation.
The new camera has been activated but has a fixed IP address that does not match that used by the NVR PoE port.
The new camera model/firmware is not supported in Plug&Play by the NVR firmware.

A suggestion to try:
Using SADP V3.x
If you can power the camera when not on the NVR and connect it to the LAN, 'activate' the camera if required, and set the IP address to match that of the NVR PoE channel IP address that you want to plug the camera in to. Set the default gateway to that of the NVR PoE interface, likely to be 192.168.254.1
Plug the camera into the NVR PoE port.

If you need to plug the camera into the NVR PoE port to power it, temporarily plug the PC into another PoE port (no need to change the PC IP address) and use SADP as above to set the camera IP address and gateway.
Plug the PC back into the LAN.

You will also in both cases need to ensure the camera admin password matches what has been set in the NVR for that specific channel.
Hopefully that should work OK.

devs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello mate and many thanks for the helpful post. I'm do need to use the NVR for cam power and I'm on a mac and have run SADP via 'wine'. unfortunately it hasn't picked anything up. ;(

I way as of tomorrow so will have to revisit this again when I return.

Thanks anyhow for your help!

Devs.