Issues with Audio on UI3 on Iphone Browsers

Thomasjg88

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!

Does anyone have a fix on why I cannot hear hear audio when logging into a camera from an Iphone? We are using the software as a way for all of our close family to login and see their new grandson/nephew since we are limiting in person interaction due to covid. I have an android phone and can hear audio on UI3 just fine from chrome. My wife and the rest of the family have Iphones and can not get the audio to come through using the same login. I have tried using Chrome, Safari, FireFox, and Edge but no luck. When I check the "about UI3" I get this note that the audio player isn't supported. I like to avoid asking everyone across IOS and Android to pay for the app. Thanks for any help!

1588620193893.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This doesnt solve the browser issue but...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Apple forces all 3rd-party web browsers on iOS to internally use Safari to render web pages. So most of Safari's [many] limitations also affect all 3rd-party browsers.

Thomasjg88

n3wb
Reaction score
Apple forces all 3rd-party web browsers on iOS to internally use Safari to render web pages. So most of Safari's [many] limitations also affect all 3rd-party browsers.
Wow, that's crazy. So there is just no hope for audio using BlueIris on Iphones outside of creating a couple Family sharing groups and buying a few copies of the app?