Issues with NVR DS-7616NI-E2 /8P/A

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

Not too sure what happened with my DS-7616NI-E2 /8P/A but it's terrible...

I used to access my NVR from my PC via network using IE 11 browser and I was so happy with the way it worked.

Not too sure if it's since I have upgraded it to the newest firmware or because I have purchased and connected additional 2 cameras (all together now 5x
DS-2CD2042WD-I connected) but everything was working perfectly fine and I was extremely happy with the solution (migrated from Synology NVR and 2x D-Link 7110 cameras).

Now all the cameras are dropping frames when watching footage. It works terribly when accessing the NVR or cameras using my IE11 (have tried google chrome and firefox - no difference), Live view keeps crashing, CPU goes up to 100% on my PC all the time...

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not 100% convinced this is related to the firmware plus I actually like the new layout & graphics.

I would say it's something to do with the amount of cameras connected to my NVR as I have realized it works much better when only 3x cameras connected.

So for example I have main stream in all my cameras configured to the highest resolution (4MP) and this is the resolution I would like to record in but also if I go to the "Live View" tab I used to be able to watch all the cameras in the same time (4MP resolution of all 3x cameras) but with 5x cameras connected it just keeps crashing my PC. CPU goes immediately to 100% and the live view keeps loosing frames and eventually IE will crash.

I have tried the same in Google Chrome and Firefox but no luck. As soon as I unplug 2x any cameras it works fine and CPU goes up to 75%.

Also live view does only work with IE when Playback only with Firefox.... What is the best browser to use it and what plug-ins do I need to install?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try Torch. I'm not saying it's the best but for some things it works good.

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps the PC is a bit too weak to cope with all the HD video.
Do you have another one to compare with?

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
PC has 8GB of RAM and i5 processor so I would say it's decent. It only happens when have more that 3x cameras opened (Live View) in the same time.

It looks like each camera takes 25% of my CPU resources.

Never had this problem before as I had 3x cameras only. Now with 5x cameras running 4MP it happens every single time.

I have updated the NVR's firmware recently to the newest version available to see if any improvement but still the same.

I guess will have to get my PC upgraded or watch max 3x cameras at the time.