Issues with older type IP cam

mtx123

n3wb
Reaction score
After emigration, I try to set up my ipm cam network again.
I use the same router, same IP addresses, same camera's, etc.
I am testing with 3 camera's, type DS-2CD2132 and DS-2CD2132F , firmware V5.0.2 and V5.2.5
But things don't work as before :
One camera shows a picture upside down, and there are no settings to correct for that.
Another cam shows blurred imaged, during the night, nothing can be recognized. The cam can not be switched in permanent Day mode.
Only 1 out of 3 shows an acceptable image, but changing settings do not change anything in the image.

Should I throw them away and buy moderner types (and which ones?) or can they still be used ?

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After emigration, I try to set up my ipm cam network again.
I use the same router, same IP addresses, same camera's, etc.
I am testing with 3 camera's, type DS-2CD2132 and DS-2CD2132F , firmware V5.0.2 and V5.2.5
But things don't work as before :
One camera shows a picture upside down, and there are no settings to correct for that.
Another cam shows blurred imaged, during the night, nothing can be recognized. The cam can not be switched in permanent Day mode.
Only 1 out of 3 shows an acceptable image, but changing settings do not change anything in the image.

Should I throw them away and buy moderner types (and which ones?) or can they still be used ?
as for as the upside down image, its because the camera is physically upside down in its mount that some installers did that on ceiling installations with some of these old cams.
But blurry, I never encountered those cameras doing that other than the dome itself getting scratched up from outside dirt.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Blurry, hmm i can think of 1 reason why :D

Did you remove cameras yourself or someone else? If its not motozoom camera it could be someone dropped the cam and lens displaced . Other thani dont see any other idea

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Sell them or give them away . . . In 2024 there’s no reason to keep using 1990 technology that is also quite ugly! :facepalm:

As of this writing relating to Hikvision is to purchase their 4 MP 1/1.8” hybrid ColourVu IP cameras. Offers the best of both worlds of IR, Light, and Smart IR / Light mode with Human / Vehicle detection. :thumb:

Comes with dual built in microphones, 130 dB WDR, and every modern features and technology.

My only gripe with the current firmware is Hikvision for whatever reason no longer offers the ability to change the colour for the OSD?!?

Fucken morons . . .:angry:

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My only gripe with the current firmware is Hikvision for whatever reason no longer offers the ability to change the colour for the OSD?!?

Fucken morons . . .:angry:

I believe that is firmware bug. I will try setting up OSD color via API and see if it works. If it does they simply forgot to put color changer at frontend

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe that is firmware bug. I will try setting up OSD color via API and see if it works. If it does they simply forgot to put color changer at frontend
That would be greatly appreciated if it could be changed from the black / white. I use yellow in all the cameras except for two.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah where there’s a custom option as normal that isn’t there. :(

The camera is a DS-2CD2147G2H-LISU 4 mm / with whatever firmware is listed on their website now.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
looking at latest for your version lists mine as compatible

1717005836152.png

Therefor you can use mine on yours to get OSD color :D

and mine release note lists yours

1717005899807.png

Meaning they havent refresh firmware for your model on hikvision site.

Your problem should be solved with newest firmware

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
looking at latest for your version lists mine as compatible

View attachment 195444

Therefor you can use mine on yours to get OSD color :D

and mine release note lists yours

View attachment 195445

Meaning they havent refresh firmware for your model on hikvision site.

Your problem should be solved with newest firmware
Im in the UK Portal and don’t see your firmware. If you can provide a link to it that would be great.

Better yet a copy here with the release notes. . . :thumb:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
For the benefit of others who may run into the same problem this is what version firmware I'm having a problem with:

Hybrid 101 - Firmware.PNG

As seen here there is no custom option when you select the font color besides what's listed as Black & White Self Adaptive.

Hybrid 101 - OSD Colour.PNG

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The EU / UK portal is badly updated, aswell their official hikvision.com /Global EN region

What you want to use in future is hikPartnerPro where you can search firmware by device serial number. It will always show latest one. tested on last 30 devices and it did.

1717008193098.png

Attachments

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I was so excited until the 403 forbidden banner came up to download the firmware. If time permits can you upload or provide a share link to the needed firmware.

NOTE: To the OP my apologies for taking your thread off the rails and not on topic! :(

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was so excited until the 403 forbidden banner came up to download the firmware. If time permits can you upload or provide a share link to the needed firmware.

NOTE: To the OP my apologies for taking your thread off the rails and not on topic! :(
Open this link and click on firmware url

1717008265933.png

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Open this link and click on firmware url

View attachment 195451
If it hasn't been said lately you're a scholar and a gentlemen! :thumb: Your continued assistance and contributions to the forum members and the community is greatly appreciated! :headbang:

OSD - Custom Font Colours.PNG

Rock On . . .

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to quickly close off this topic I have to report this firmware on this specific camera isn't quite right. The custom colour is seen on the OSD which is the main driver for me.

Oddly, when the system fires off an email the OSD is still in Black & White?!?! :facepalm:

At the end of the day I'm further ahead than where I was and really wanted to see the custom colour in yellow. An email picture in the default black & white is something I'll just have to accept given my OCD. :banghead:

Well, until someone releases another update! :lmao:

Much thanks to @trempa92 again for offering a break fix! :headbang:

mtx123

n3wb
Reaction score
I am really puzzled which answer is related to my question..........

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am really puzzled which answer is related to my question..........
Then what have you checked based on the 2 following suggestions from members as below? :idk::cool:
It was suggested the camera was improperly installed or the camera was mishandled when installing and the lens was rotated from its proper orientation.
Another cam shows blurred imaged, during the night, nothing can be recognized.
It was suggested someone dropped or mishandled the camera when installing and the lens became displaced, knocking it out of focus and making the image blurred.

It was also suggested the dome is dirty; over time UV and smog can permanently fog the image.