Its a bird its a plane its a chevy truck

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What the heck did he hit?

Would you mind sharing the details of your settings? Exposure, Gain, DNT etc..?

Is that camera using built-in LEDs?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow!

Many bars close at 2AM, by the time they find their vehicle and get on the road and head home it's about the time he got launched.

That's about as close as you can get without a flip or complete roll-over...very lucky and/or blessed he is...so is the car coming the other way that stopped, a few seconds difference and it could have easily been a head-on and at least 2 fatalities.

He's so out of it, no need to put on your 4-way flashers when you off the roadway and in someone's yard. He may not know what happened......yet. :screwy:

davidjrtx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats not all the video there is another 30 or 40 minutes. Yes he appeared to stagger a little, he talked with the guy that stopped for a minute, that guy left of course they were both on there phone. Driver was calling a ride that picked him up before the police got there, he did try to drive off but it would not move had some flat tires. There are lights on homes in the area the camera sees well better than the older hikvision with IR

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats not all the video there is another 30 or 40 minutes. Yes he appeared to stagger a little, he talked with the guy that stopped for a minute, that guy left of course they were both on there phone. Driver was calling a ride that picked him up before the police got there, he did try to drive off but it would move had some flat tires. There are lights on homes in the area the camera sees well better than the older hikvision with IR
Yeah, that ride would make a sober person stagger for a while, I guess.
If he was impaired, too bad the cops didn't get to evaluate / test/ arrest...driving during daylight with texting/phoning/distracted drivers coming at you is dangerous enough without the drunk/drugged one aiming for you too.

davidjrtx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They towed the truck off I picked up tools baseball bats ratchet straps out the yard, he took out the neighbors mailbox launched come down in our front yard took out a flag pole thats what you see under his truck when he stops.

Dads supposed to meet with the policeman tuesday evening get all the insurance info see about getting the damages fixed. Hes lucky he did not get hurt or hurt someone else, you can see the air bags deploy in the truck also on the video if you look close

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pfft - Amateur hour.

How it's done down under.
Looks great but why in God's world do people everywhere insist on holding their @#$% cell phones vertically when making a video? It's easily shown that the software has to add a filler panel on either side which, BTW, are so distracting. It also makes this old fart so dizzy I almost fall off my perch! :puke:

dabflyboy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That dude is lucky he didn't hit the tree in your front yard, too. Looked awfully close.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks great but why in God's world do people everywhere insist on holding their @#$% cell phones vertically when making a video? It's easily shown that the software has to add a filler panel on either side which, BTW, are so distracting. It also makes this old fart so dizzy I almost fall off my perch! :puke:
Yep, a pet peeve of mine as well.