I've lost infra-red capability on my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

jbaugh

n3wb
Reaction score
After rebooting my camera I find that I've lost infra-red capability. The infra-red ring does not illuminate and my image in darkness is totally black.
I have not recently updated firmware or done anything else that I can think of that might have caused this. My firmware version is V5.1.6 build 140412.

I've tried checking and unchecking and then re-checking the enable IR button. I've rebooted several times.
Any ideas on what I might try?
Thanks.
John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After rebooting my camera I find that I've lost infra-red capability. The infra-red ring does not illuminate and my image in darkness is totally black.
I have not recently updated firmware or done anything else that I can think of that might have caused this. My firmware version is V5.1.6 build 140412.

I've tried checking and unchecking and then re-checking the enable IR button. I've rebooted several times.
Any ideas on what I might try?
Thanks.
John
Put it in night mode and tap the camera...the ir filter is stuck...

jbaugh

n3wb
Reaction score
Put it in night mode and tap the camera...the ir filter is stuck...
Thanks for your response. Just so I know what you mean-- You want me to put the camera in Night mode under the Day/Night Switch and then physically tap the camera? How hard? With my finger? I've tried to do this but I don't see any change. No IR lights. But maybe because it is not dark enough yet?
John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Just so I know what you mean-- You want me to put the camera in Night mode under the Day/Night Switch and then physically tap the camera? How hard? With my finger? I've tried to do this but I don't see any change. No IR lights. But maybe because it is not dark enough yet?
John
If the IR lights are actually not turning on then tapping it wont help. Generally, this issue is related to the IR filter sticking...you may have to hit it hard.....you may also be able to unstick it by using a powerful magnet. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4470-Refund-Finally!-Is-there-anything-to-be-done-to-get-this-2332-to-work?highlight=magnet