iVMS 4200 on NVR recording network camera issue

Kent

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have seen several posts on this but cannot seem to get my issue sorted. Its sometimes quite confusing as people have given instructions which talk of menus that dont exist on my system.
Please can someone help ;o)
I have a Hikvision NVR with 5 POE direct into the NVR. I also have one HIK IP camera going via my network and imported into the NVR.
Until yesterday I was having issues seeing playback / historic time files, specifically for the networked/imported Hik camera ) in the iVMS-4200 running on my PC. At that time I was able to view the output via a web browser but not via the iVMS-4200 software.
I then tried to make some changes based on some threads I read. Now, I cannot see recorded files on the NVR nor web browser, for that one camera.
I've been round and round so many menus now I'm just confused.
Can someone do a step by step of exact options to take in what menus and where in 4200 or via the browser that I need, in order to get the continuous recording setup and working such that I can play back historic files through the iVMS-4200 & browser.
I'm sorry for asking for what people must think is a basic thing but i'm just getting very confused with all the going in circles ;o(
thank you for your ( gentle please ) help.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I have seen several posts on this but cannot seem to get my issue sorted. Its sometimes quite confusing as people have given instructions which talk of menus that dont exist on my system.
Please can someone help ;o)
I have a Hikvision NVR with 5 POE direct into the NVR. I also have one HIK IP camera going via my network and imported into the NVR.
Until yesterday I was having issues seeing playback / historic time files, specifically for the networked/imported Hik camera ) in the iVMS-4200 running on my PC. At that time I was able to view the output via a web browser but not via the iVMS-4200 software.
I then tried to make some changes based on some threads I read. Now, I cannot see recorded files on the NVR nor web browser, for that one camera.
I've been round and round so many menus now I'm just confused.
Can someone do a step by step of exact options to take in what menus and where in 4200 or via the browser that I need, in order to get the continuous recording setup and working such that I can play back historic files through the iVMS-4200 & browser.
I'm sorry for asking for what people must think is a basic thing but i'm just getting very confused with all the going in circles ;o(
thank you for your ( gentle please ) help.
Hi Kent,

I completely understand your frustration, I am also learning - in my case Dahua NVR, and it's not always as clear as you can imagine.

If you are having challenges getting replies here you may want to try the Hikvision or NVR section.

Have patience and persist with this, once you figure it out you'll be happy to have learned.