iVMS 4200 question\problem

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

While i am deciding on what PVR i will be going with i have decided to use iVMS4200 in the interim for viewing cameras while at home. I have noticed on my system cpu usage is around 6% to 10% with only 2 cameras (2332-i) hooked up at this stage,

I installed it on my brother pc how has 4 Hikvision 2332-i cameras and it running at 100% cpu usage, any ideas why

I have noticed on his looking at his cameras via his Synology NAS its saying all cameras are recording for some reason

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The PC CPU power, the type and capacity of the graphics card, how optimised the player software is for using the hardware acceleration features of the graphics card all figure in how well a PC copes with hi-def video.
Take a look at the specs for each PC.
The integration between the video player and the card is interesting. For example, I notice when playing a recorded file with VLC and Windows Media Player the CPU consumption is a lot different. It can be just a few % in WMP, 20% in VLC.
When you run Windows Experience Index, it takes WMP and the underlying components through an optimisation process that puts much of the processing load on the graphics card.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last comment. If I look at my cams via my QNAP NAS it says all cameras are recording as well. That's as intended.